Getting groceries when you have a pulled muscle in your back....

astepup

is a BAD F'ing idea. I realized it when I parked my car in the parking lot, got out (barely) in the rain and thought "****!". Took me twice as long to get my stuff, everything I seemed to want was either way up high or way down low. Miracle Whip on the bottom shelf, could barely reach the dijon mustard. Had no clue why I thought I absolutely HAD to have a 30# bag of cat food. Damn near passed out from getting that in the cart. 

Little disconcerting knowing anybody from 12 years old on up can kick your ass in those situations. You'd think at my age I'd know better but noooooooooooo.

• Haha 1

While we are at it, I screwed up my right foot a couple weeks go when washing my new truck. The pain comes and goes, still haven't figured it out. Grocery shopping yesterday got my some pretty pity looks. And I thought people were joking with all this over-the-hill nagging...

Just now, steve4102 said:

Yup, lumbar fusion, cervical fusion need left hip replaced and right knee.

other that that I’m great.

As a matter of fact I am at deer camp right now, supposed to stay till Tuesday. Heading out in a few , gunna go home and lay in the Sauna for a few hours, then take an knap in my special chair.

be back at camp tomorrow morning for the hunt.

Not sure where you live, but here I would find a parent with a 12ish year old kid and offer them $20.00 to be your personal shopper. Walk through the store with the parent so they don't get creeped out and let the kid earn a few bucks while you don't hurt yourself.

7 hours ago, steve4102 said:

As a matter of fact I am at deer camp right now, supposed to stay till Tuesday. Heading out in a few , gunna go home and lay in the Sauna for a few hours, then take an knap in my special chair.

be back at camp tomorrow morning for the hunt.

Your deer camp has cell service?  

• Administrators

We have a lady that goes to the grocery store once a week for us.  Other than that, my wife, who is very technically adept,  orders anything through an app and they bring it to the car when she arrives.  

I still trudge through the isles, in a mindless stupor, for anything I need that does not magically show up in my house.  

4 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

That's just wrong.

There are no dead spots in Norther MN outside the BWCA, that i am aware of. 

I consider it a must.  When I shoot, I get a text from my son and he comes and picks up me and the deer.

Edited by steve4102