Are you a bitter woman-hater?

PNWguy

I should be.  After a string of girlfriends that cheated on me, a wife of 20 years who ended up cheating on me, and my latest two girlfriends turned out to be bat-**** cray cray.  The one swore her ex-husband, whom she married after 3 weeks of knowing him, was an ex-CIA operative.

But I'm not.  I still love women and respect them and realize that they are truly God's gift to mankind.  Still willing to go out and meet new single women my age, despite every single one of them so far completely unbalanced and full of baggage.  Dated a lady a couple of times that I learned had six kids with three different men, was my age, and had grandkids that were the same age as one of her kids.  I told her she was very sweet and a lovely person, but I just wasn't interested in continuing a romantic relationship with her.  She went ballistic.

It seems all the good women over 35 are already married, and if they are no longer married, then they are extremely flawed.  At least around here.  In Arizona I knew scores of women that were sweet, moral, beautiful, and wonderful women that were divorced.  Lots of Californians in Arizona and it seems the men there hit mid-life crisis mode at around 39-45 and start Crossfit.  Then it's a  skull tattoo, a Harley, black T-shirts and ballcaps, lifted diesel pickup with 22" rims, and eventually heavy drinking and college-aged girlfriends.

The wives don't put up with it and leave, or usually get left.

Not so much up here.  Seems that the men are the more stable and normal one in the marriage.  Just learned a friend who is a cop and has 6 kids with a gal was served with divorce papers.  23 years of marriage.  She wants the $400k house and $3500 a month in child support.  Why?  She's "outgrown" him...  

Still. despite such stories and improbable odds, I remain open to the possibility of finding true love.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PNWguy said:

I should be.  After a string of girlfriends that cheated on me, a wife of 20 years who ended up cheating on me, and my latest two girlfriends turned out to be bat-**** cray cray.  The one swore her ex-husband, whom she married after 3 weeks of knowing him, was an ex-CIA operative.

But I'm not.  I still love women and respect them and realize that they are truly God's gift to mankind.  Still willing to go out and meet new single women my age, despite every single one of them so far completely unbalanced and full of baggage.  Dated a lady a couple of times that I learned had six kids with three different men, was my age, and had grandkids that were the same age as one of her kids.  I told her she was very sweet and a lovely person, but I just wasn't interested in continuing a romantic relationship with her.  She went ballistic.

It seems all the good women over 35 are already married, and if they are no longer married, then they are extremely flawed.  At least around here.  In Arizona I knew scores of women that were sweet, moral, beautiful, and wonderful women that were divorced.  Lots of Californians in Arizona and it seems the men there hit mid-life crisis mode at around 39-45 and start Crossfit.  Then it's a  skull tattoo, a Harley, black T-shirts and ballcaps, lifted diesel pickup with 22" rims, and eventually heavy drinking and college-aged girlfriends.

Not so much up here.  Seems that the men are the more stable and normal one in the marriage.  Just learned a friend who is a cop and has 6 kids with a gal was served with divorce papers.  23 years of marriage.  She wants the $400k house and $3500 a month in child support.  Why?  She's "outgrown" him...  

Still. despite such stories and improbable odds, I remain open to the possibility of finding true love.

It's OK to be the perpetual optimist.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PNWguy said:

Dang, hope you find what you seek.

To my knowledge, I have not ever had cheaters in my life.  Whether it is luck, talent, or something else, I do not know. ☺️

• Like 2

No I am am not.

I have been blessed to be married to the same woman for 29 years & figure on making it many more ?

we did come close to divorce about 7 years in. But we found a good counselor & figured out the main problem we had was that both of us tended to bottle stuff up. She does someting to make me mad-add it to my list of grievances. You can only keep that genie in the bottle for so long & then over some silly little thing, you blow & vent out out all that stuff & then she blows up & vents out. very destructive to a marrige (or relationship)

Best advice I ever got was "don't let the sun go down on your anger"  A little communication goes a long way.

Edited by ccm2361
  • Like 2

I greatly dislike women who are bitter, but other than that the ones without ethics just annoy me, and I stay away from them.  I figure it's almost time to get back into dating since the ex moved out 14 months ago and the divorce was finished 9 months ago.  

Yes, there are a lot of the same type of women here as over in your area, they all have a good reason to be single, and it's usually themselves.

• Like 3

I learned my lesson last time around. After spending almost 20 years in relationships incl one marriage and being single for 5 years I'm finally content. No sex is worth the nagging and risk of facing kids unasked,fights or financial disaster. I lost my desire to be with any partner. I am my partner and enjoy spending time alone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ccm2361 said:

Best advice I ever got was "don't let the sun go down on your anger"

Ditto.  My father-in-law gave me this advice right before I married his daughter.  So true!

You man not be able to resolve every aspect of the issue before you fall asleep, but the willingness to acknowledge it and commitment to work through it rights many wrongs.  

• Like 4

I have seen tons of bad relationships and a few good ones.  I've been single my whole life so far, because I learned from others mistakes.

I'm not really all that romantically compatible with the local culture, either.  I'm either going to have to get really lucky, move, or import.

I somewhat despair of ever finding one who is right for me.  I’m not bitter or hating about it.  Yes there are females who have done me wrong, but I try not to focus on them.  It is a struggle not to actively want to kill the one who sexually abused me, but other than that I’m pretty forgiving.  I do have regrets.  But really the ones who wronged me are the ones who are missing out on a great guy.  I don’t really want revenge but I would like them to know what they are missing out on and really regret it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

I somewhat despair of ever finding one who is right for me.  I’m not bitter or hating about it.  Yes there are females who have done me wrong, but I try not to focus on them.  It is a struggle not to actively want to kill the one who sexually abused me, but other than that I’m pretty forgiving.  I do have regrets.  But really the ones who wronged me are the ones who are missing out on a great guy.  I don’t really want revenge but I would like them to know what they are missing out on and really regret it.

I'm kinda like MC Hammer...."can't touch this"

• Like 1

I made it 12 years.  She was all take no give. Lost my kids and every thing I worked for. She moved back in with mom and dad in 1984 and is still there. Do you know what it is like trying to have a relationship with your children 1000 miles away. Call the kids and get oh there not home and you hear them in the back ground. Her sister told me I was wasting my time X and her father did nothing but bad mouth me.

So I move on and start dating. What do I find users and losers. The good ones get married and stay married.

Quit dating 18 years ago.

My conclusion they are more trouble than they are worth and my 36 year old son has the same attitude. Funny thing is he did not get that from me.

Any women I run into anymore they get the. Nice meeting you got to run have a nice day.

Edited by JHB

First wife was a nymphomaniac. That one lasted eight years and produced two daughters. She cheated and still cheats. I sure miss her in the morning though. Second wife is a complete 180*. I married Sheldon Cooper with titties and a coochipop. She's every bit as Aspie annoying. But 100% dependable. 27 years so far. Damn.

If a guy has one failed relationship after another, might be time to look in the mirror.

Honestly, it's not them, it's us! Women have not changed a bit during the last 10k years, but recently, we allowed them all those liberties for the sake of equality - we're not, check it out in a mirror - and all that has back-fired, not just for us, but for everyone. The number 1 loser?... The Family.

If someone places a million dollar in your hand, you just close it and keep the money. Broads are doing the same, there is no incentive to remain engaged when Big Brother is there to strip your money and keep 'em happy (Austrian Economics 101)

No, I am not advocating for Hijabs and Burkhas, but Politics is not their business. Heck, even Ann Coulter agrees with me :)