**** United

crockett

1 hour ago, Cougar_ml said:

it's always fun flying cattle car airlines.

And I managed to book basic economy on Expedia. No carry on, no seat choice, even less leg room.

Tme for a Jack&Coke at noon. Only way to survive this.

And I’ll have to purchase a new watch in SoHo to make up for this mistake!

• Like 1

Even my company warns us to make sure we're not booking "basic economy" when making corporate travel reservations. 

Don't blame United. I'm sure for (literally) a few bucks more you could have had a standard economy seat. Blame Expedia, Trivago, etc, who conglomerate all the airline prices and display only the very lowest priced options. The only way for the "real" airlines to get onto the first page of the search results was to get down in the mud with the Ultra Low Cost Carriers and offer a similar no-frills product. The only difference is, you get to share a plane with full-frills passengers.

I recommend Google Flights for researching and comparing flights, then book the flight directly with the airline's website. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Airmotive said:

I recommend Google Flights for researching and comparing flights, then book the flight directly with the airline's website. 

This has been my best experience, as well.  Plus, sometimes the airline's website has even better pricing.

• Like 1

we fly only business or first class ,  one our first trip over the pond ,  we were cramped for 7 hours   packed in ,  im not claustrophobic  but that made me ,  i said after that horrible flight i will pony up the money   on certain flights.  anything under 2 hours is fine ,   above that  hell naw

• Like 1

My flight from Seattle to Korea was fine; 31" of leg room and was able to get up and stretch a couple of times during the 11hr flight.

Then I got to Korea and went from a 777 to a 737 used to ferry Asians.  It was absolutely miserable and painful.  I could not lower the tray table to eat...  Picture does not convey the awfulness...

contentRedirection?querySuffix=%3FviewBox%3D1243%2C932&ownerId=A1DLJ89ZKZYNKQ&cb=1540438131856

This has nothing to do with the OP. Likely just a tall dude. 

Me leg room ar 6 feet, isn’t as important as shoulder room. Wide top, small bottom, and eating or having the beverage is praying mantis crap for me. 

One funny thing about flying is witnessing a really fat person trying to move their tray down and the awkward look of the flight attendant trying  to be nice. Stomach block. Gold for people like me that flown to make a living. Look fattie, you don’t fit normally in a car, on a train, at the movies, in many restaurant seats and somehow we need to hear your complaints about flying? On the plane,? so when did 300 plus pounds not matter? The whole world isn’t Hickory No Carolina when I get to feel skinny. Few towns away, and the scales turn. Down, way down... 

Edited by Moeman

5 hours ago, Moeman said:

One funny thing about flying is witnessing a really fat person trying to move their tray down and the awkward look of the flight attendant trying  to be nice. Stomach block. Gold for people like me that flown to make a living. 

You really are a mean-spirited and spiteful person, aren't you?  You actually enjoy seeing someone shamed in public for being overweight?  Wow.  I ignored you on GT for being a shallow and immoral A-hole and I will now add me to my ignore list here.

You are the opposite of Okie and the opposite of what this site needs and deserves.  Good luck with your hatred.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, PNWguy said:

You really are a mean-spirited and spiteful person, aren't you?  You actually enjoy seeing someone shamed in public for being overweight?  Wow.  I ignored you on GT for being a shallow and immoral A-hole and I will now add me to my ignore list here.

You are the opposite of Okie and the opposite of what this site needs and deserves.  Good luck with your hatred.

Fine by me... and overweight... well there are scales,

And you set what example? You went full on hate and expect better... so whatever... tune me out. Fine. Really.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to block him on this new system.  Anyone care to educate me?

***edit*** never mind, figured it out.  So. Much. Better!

Edited by c10bonanza
  • Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 12:03 PM, crockett said:

And I managed to book basic economy on Expedia. No carry on, no seat choice, even less leg room.

Tme for a Jack&Coke at noon. Only way to survive this.

And I’ll have to purchase a new watch in SoHo to make up for this mistake!

Wouldn’t get in trouble for the jack? 

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/passenger-disgusted-as-man-next-to-her-masturbates-for-entire-flight/news-story/228dce581cb47972fc860bcf4a5e9d92