Christobol Colombo Day...

deputy tom

1 hour ago, EricB said:

Conquerors and explorers day. Offending snowflakes everywhere.

Same to you Tom

Because you were going to send the nicest guy you know to sail off the edge of the flat planet....with a crew of choir boys?  Nah, you send a guy who needs a ship to keep his nads afloat.

History is full of ugly.  We try to grow from it.  What was acceptable in the past is not today.

I am very proud to be a member of The Knights of Columbus....named after this valiant soul.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Historian said:

Because you were going to send the nicest guy you know to sail off the edge of the flat planet....with a crew of choir boys?  Nah, you send a guy who needs a ship to keep his nads afloat.

History is full of ugly.  We try to grow from it.  What was acceptable in the past is not today.

I am very proud to be a member of The Knights of Columbus....named after this valiant soul.

Exactly they should have sent this guy instead:

obama-pajama-boy-white-house-r.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Historian said:

While I'm not a KoC many of my friends are. Good men of good character. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_syphilis

The history of syphilis has been well studied, but the origin of the disease remains unknown.[3] There are two primary hypotheses: one proposes that syphilis was carried to Europe from the Americas by the crew(s) of Christopher Columbus as a byproduct of the Columbian exchange, while the other proposes that syphilis previously existed in Europe but went unrecognized.[1] These are referred to as the "Columbian" and "pre-Columbian" hypotheses.[