Long-Gone Restuarant Chains You Used To Love

ASH

6 minutes ago, KBKEITH said:

Clock restaurant. I definitely remember that one! Seems like you and I grew up in the same general area. I was just north of you. I also remember Carlos Murphy's although I never ate there.

I was raised in Southfield just off of 9 Mile, smack-dab between Evergreen and Lahser Roads.    Dun Scotus was literally my backyard.  

scotus1.jpg

• Like 1

I don't remember loving it, or not, but Howard Johnson's was a huge, special treat when we were traveling.

There is still, like, the very last original one in Lake George, NY, and I always mean to swing in there when I pass, just for the nostalgia, but there are too many seafood places around.

Steak and Ale is where we used to go to get hammered every weekend, before we were old enough to drink.

• Like 1

A quick shout out to a place that will, I'm afraid, be on this list in my lifetime. 

Kellers drive ins in Dallas.  Car hops come out to take your order.  The Special burger, fries and a root beer. Everything is still wrapped in wax paper. By the time you near the end of the burger, it's a soggy mess of delicious. 

A buddy of mine were eating at Kellers a few years ago  about 10:00 at night.  Chatting with the car hop.  (Not Hawt).  During the conversation, she mentioned Mr Keller was two cars down from us.  

We went over to the big Cadillac with the 80 year old guy, introduced ourselves and thanked him for many years of great food.

Super nice old guy.  He told us he ate at one of his drive ins once a week just to make sure they were doing it right  

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

Edited by Sgt 127
Added
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sgt 127 said:

A quick shout out to a place that will, I'm afraid, be on this list in my lifetime. 

Kellers drive ins in Dallas.  Car hops come out to take your order.  The Special burger, fries and a root beer. Everything is still wrapped in wax paper. By the time you near the end of the burger, it's a soggy mess of delicious. 

A buddy of mine were eating at Kellers a few years ago  about 10:00 at night.  Chatting with the car hop.  (Not Hawt).  During the conversation, she mentioned Mr Keller was two cars down from us.  

We went over to the big Cadillac with the 80 year old guy, introduced ourselves and thanked him for many years of great food.

Super nice old guy.  He told us he ate at one of his drive ins once a week just to make sure they were doing it right  

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

That sign is way cool. Hamburgers Beer. Straight and to the point.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2017 at 2:44 AM, n2g said:

Ok, I'll bite, lol.  How about Del Taco?  My best friend and I used to grab a quick early supper there sometimes on our way to evening classes at college.  I liked their green burritos.  There may still be some Del Tacos somewhere, but they seem to be long-gone in this neck of the woods.

I ate at a Del Taco in northwest ATL (Cobb Parkway, Smyrna, near Glock HQ) a couple of weeks ago. I thought they were all gone, too. Pretty good meskin food.

• Like 1

Image result for ground round

This is where my roomie and I went to get fed and laid by cougars (in their 20s and 30s). They had a great happy hour and we'd time it to arrive around 6 when the lady office workers would have a good buzz on by then and we'd buy them a drink then do the poor college student routine and half the time they bought us drinks and dinner, and half of those would take us home for dessert. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Taco Junkie said:

Image result for ground round

This is where my roomie and I went to get fed and laid by cougars (in their 20s and 30s). They had a great happy hour and we'd time it to arrive around 6 when the lady office workers would have a good buzz on by then and we'd buy them a drink then do the poor college student routine and half the time they bought us drinks and dinner, and half of those would take us home for dessert. 

There was one of those near where I used to work back in the 90s. We would go there after work every Wednesday to drink beer and eat before twilight golf. 

• Like 1