RIP Craig

Sniffler

May seem like a strange place to post this but bear with me. I got a call this morning that an old friend had died. We worked together for over a decade building golf courses, Craig was our surveyor. He always liked his Marlboros so lung cancer overcame him yesterday.

Craig was a born and raised a Texan, Midland to be exact. I remember him on the job in cut offs, t-shirt, tennis shoes and a Stetson.

I'm posting this here 'cause Craig always enjoyed a cold beer or a drink of whisky. Pretty girls were a big favorite too.

Like a lot of Texans he could spin a yarn and make you laugh until you hurt.

Here is to Craig Riddell from West by God Texas. May you rest in peace bro.  :cowboy2:

Ya'll do me a favor and the next drink you have raise it to my friend.  :cheers:  

****! Now there's something in my eye.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TBO said:

I'll have my wife (pretty girl) pour me a beer and a shot, and raise both to Craig. drinks.gif.96c9f88d1110e88dfb090d04568c79b6.gif

Pictures.....  :32:

Of the wife.  We've seen a shot and a beer plenty of times... :bf:

Edited by Taco Junkie
Cuz TBO will use the short cut
  • Like 3

Thank ye gents. This is just the kind of thing old Craig would like, a virtual wake, if you will. 

Many is the time our wives had to drive us back to our campers from a bar or restaurant. As I recall we were in rare form in Birmingham, Alabama. :drunk:

• Like 5

If Craig was good enough for one night of toasts, he's good enough to two.

Sniffler, this one is for you and Craig. May the Powers That Be shine down on you, your Mrs., and Craig's family. May Craig hoist a glass along side TPTB with a West Texas "Hell Yeah!".

Salude My Friends!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/29/2017 at 5:12 AM, Sniffler said:

Thank ye gents. This is just the kind of thing old Craig would like, a virtual wake, if you will. 

Many is the time our wives had to drive us back to our campers from a bar or restaurant. As I recall we were in rare form in Birmingham, Alabama. :drunk:

I've had some fine times in B'ham. I think I've destroyed all the evidence. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Taco Junkie said:

I've had some fine times in B'ham. I think I've destroyed all the evidence. 

We had a running margarita drinking contest. Whoever puked first lost. 

Then there was Lynn's Den and Diamond Jim's Bunny Club.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/29/2017 at 11:59 AM, KBKEITH said:

I'm a little late here. Sorry to hear of the loss, sniffy. Craig sounded like one hell of a guy.

I'm here a lot late.  To friends past, may their memories live on forever.  :cheers:

• Like 1

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.