Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

TAMPA, Fla.— Today, Governor Ron DeSantis suspended State Attorney Andrew Warren of the 13th Judicial Circuit due to neglect of duty. The Governor has the authority to suspend a state officer under Article IV, Section 7 of the Constitution of the State of Florida. The Governor has appointed Susan Lopez to serve as State Attorney for the period of suspension. She has most recently been serving as a Judge on the Hillsborough County Court.
“State Attorneys have a duty to prosecute crimes as defined in Florida law, not to pick and choose which laws to enforce based on his personal agenda,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “It is my duty to hold Florida’s elected officials to the highest standards for the people of Florida. I have the utmost trust that Judge Susan Lopez will lead the office through this transition and faithfully uphold the rule of law.”
“I have the utmost respect for our state laws and I understand the important role that the State Attorney plays in ensuring the safety of our community and the enforcement of our laws,” said Susan Lopez, State Attorney of the 13th Judicial Circuit. “I want to thank the Governor for placing his trust in me, and I promise that I will faithfully execute the duties of this office.”
The Governor has the authority under the Florida Constitution to suspend state officials for reasons of misfeasance, malfeasance, neglect of duty, drunkenness, incompetence, permanent inability to perform official duties, or commission of a felony. The Governor has further authority to fill that office by appointment for the duration of the suspension.
Susan Lopez was appointed by Governor DeSantis to serve as a judge on the Hillsborough County Court in 2021. She previously served as Assistant State Attorney of the 13th Judicial Circuit for more than 15 years and as Staff Attorney of the Second District Court of Appeal. She received her bachelor’s degree from Middlebury College and her law degree from Suffolk University. She is a long-time resident of Tampa and has been involved in the Hillsborough community through a variety of organizations for many years.

That's going to blow some liberals' minds...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 112.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

UPDATE: I just heard that two of those people struck have passed away ... R.I.P.

Lightning strikes right in front of the White House sending 2 adult males and 2 adult females to area hospitals with critical injuries.

I saw this comment below a separate article about the lightning strike: The evil emanating from the White House is most conspicuous in its aggressive promotion of abortion and the surgical trans-sexualization of children. Given the fate of Sodom and Gomorrah, worse than lightning strikes can be expected in the future. A large meteor would be more appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Biden Administration Sued for Tying K-12 Gender Ideology to Lunch Money

The Biden administration’s drive to link the provision of federal school lunch money to compliance with gender identity ideology was challenged Tuesday by 22 states saying they would take the matter to court.

As Breitbart News reported, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) last month announced in order for schools to receive funds for student lunches, breakfasts, and other food items, they must comply with its interpretation of the ban on discrimination based on sex in Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and other food-related programs, which includes sexual orientation and gender identity.

“USDA is committed to administering all its programs with equity and fairness, and serving those in need with the highest dignity,” Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said in a press release.

“A key step in advancing these principles is rooting out discrimination in any form – including discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.”

Schools awarded money from the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), an agency within USDA, must specify in their policies that discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation is prohibited, the department confirmed. It also said allegations of such discrimination must be investigated.

Now states are pushing against the demand for “correct” ideology to be linked to state provision of food and nutrition.

Read @ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/27/biden-admin

dfad6eceb7baf1a7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1