Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

Leftists Dominate FBI Top 10 Domestic Terror List, Despite Warnings About Far Right
Many on list are associated with a leftist group that bombed the Capitol in 1983. Democrats pardoned or commuted the sentences of non-fugitives tied to that group.
The FBI has sounded the alarm about white supremacists and far-right extremists, but the bureau’s own Top 10 “most wanted domestic terrorists” list includes at least two Communists, three black nationalists, one anti-war activist, and a vegan eco-terrorist.
While the diverse roster doesn’t purport to capture the breadth of domestic terror, it seems at odds with federal law enforcement’s claims that white supremacists pose the biggest threat facing the nation. Some skeptics are accusing the bureau of exaggerating the threat by adopting a misleading definition of such ideologies.
“In the FBI’s view, the top domestic violence extremist threat comes from racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, specifically those who advocated for the superiority of the White race,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said last year.
A top Department of Justice official doubled down on the claim during a Congressional hearing last week. But Rep. Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican, said a whistleblower has come forward to cast doubt on the data.
“These whistleblower allegations that the FBI is padding its domestic violent extremist data cheapens actual examples of violent extremism,” Jordan wrote in a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray.
In any case, white supremacists, militia members, and far-right extremists are conspicuous in their absence from the FBI’s list of “Most Wanted Domestic Terrorists.” Here’s who is on the list: (See article)

https://www.dailywire.com/news/leftists-dominate-fbi-top-10-domestic-terror-list-despite-warnings-about-far-right

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 7.37.01 PM.png

• Thanks 2

• Replies 111.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

Ex-Governor Of Puerto Rico Arrested On Bribery Charges.
Former Puerto Rico Governor Wanda Vázquez was arrested on Thursday on bribery charges, according to a statement by the Department of Justice (DOJ).
The federal charges are connected to the financing of Vázquez’s 2020 gubernatorial campaign. Between December 2019 and June 2020, Vásquez allegedly received $300,000 from a banker and a former FBI agent to pay political consultants for her campaign. Authorities believe that in return for the donations, Vázquez would have appointed the donors’ desired candidate to the Office of the Commissioner of Financial Institutions (OCIF).
Vázquez and other accused participants in the scheme have been charged with conspiracy, federal programs bribery, and honest services wire fraud, and face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.
“The alleged bribery scheme rose to the highest levels of the Puerto Rican government, threatening public trust in our electoral processes and institutions of governance,” Assistant Attorney General Kenneth A. Polite Jr. said in a statement.
Vázquez had previously served as Puerto Rico’s secretary of justice and as a district attorney, and she became governor in 2019, after her predecessor, Ricardo Rosselló, was forced to step down by island-wide protests after a scandal of his own.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/ex-governor-of-puerto-rico-arrested-on-bribery-charges

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

I don’t care one whit.

You cared enough to post that comment trying to refute/belittle/negate? my comment. Not trying to start anything, but I AM willing to back up my comment.

I'm done with it now. People can believe what they what. And it doesn't affect my life one whit. I've NEVER even watched one women's basketball game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kari Lake wins Arizona GOP governor primary as Trump slate sweeps top races.
The Arizona GOP governor primary on Thursday evening was called for candidate Kari Lake, giving former President Donald Trump a clean sweep in the state in Tuesday night's primaries.
She is expected to face off against Katie Hobbs, who is currently Arizona's Secretary of State, to replace Republican Gov. Doug Ducey.
The Associated Press projected Lake as the winner with about 88.3% of the ballots counted. Lake came in with 46.8% of the vote. Lawyer Karrin Taylor Robson came in second to Lake with 44.0%.
Her victory is also a showdown between former President Trump and former Vice President Pence, the latter of whom endorsed Taylor Robson.
Lake celebrated her victory late Tuesday evening after a source told El American that she is the projected primary winner.
Lake, a former television news journalist, is known for her tough stance on the southern border.
"Kari will make her wonderful family, and the MAGA movement, very proud," Trump said when he endorsed her.
Lake's victory marked a perfect record for Trump-endorsed Republicans in the state's major primary races. Venture capitalist Blake Masters claimed the party's senatorial nomination while Mark Finchem won the secretary of state primary, and Abe Hamadeh won the attorney general primary contest.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/hold-kari-lake-wins-arizona-gop-governor-primary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TAMPA, Fla.— Today, Governor Ron DeSantis suspended State Attorney Andrew Warren of the 13th Judicial Circuit due to neglect of duty. The Governor has the authority to suspend a state officer under Article IV, Section 7 of the Constitution of the State of Florida. The Governor has appointed Susan Lopez to serve as State Attorney for the period of suspension. She has most recently been serving as a Judge on the Hillsborough County Court.
“State Attorneys have a duty to prosecute crimes as defined in Florida law, not to pick and choose which laws to enforce based on his personal agenda,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “It is my duty to hold Florida’s elected officials to the highest standards for the people of Florida. I have the utmost trust that Judge Susan Lopez will lead the office through this transition and faithfully uphold the rule of law.”
“I have the utmost respect for our state laws and I understand the important role that the State Attorney plays in ensuring the safety of our community and the enforcement of our laws,” said Susan Lopez, State Attorney of the 13th Judicial Circuit. “I want to thank the Governor for placing his trust in me, and I promise that I will faithfully execute the duties of this office.”
The Governor has the authority under the Florida Constitution to suspend state officials for reasons of misfeasance, malfeasance, neglect of duty, drunkenness, incompetence, permanent inability to perform official duties, or commission of a felony. The Governor has further authority to fill that office by appointment for the duration of the suspension.
Susan Lopez was appointed by Governor DeSantis to serve as a judge on the Hillsborough County Court in 2021. She previously served as Assistant State Attorney of the 13th Judicial Circuit for more than 15 years and as Staff Attorney of the Second District Court of Appeal. She received her bachelor’s degree from Middlebury College and her law degree from Suffolk University. She is a long-time resident of Tampa and has been involved in the Hillsborough community through a variety of organizations for many years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

John Kennedy’s (R-LA) latest campaign ad where he admitted that, while he has the right to remain silent, he doesn’t actually have the ability.
“Folks, I will never completely fit in,” said Kennedy in the ad.
“For all those Washington insider elite bed wetters whose feelings I hurt, here’s some free advice,” he continued.
“Go buy yourself an emotional support pony because I’m not going to shut up,” he said over cheerful music. “And one more thing. Always be yourself unless you suck.

• Like 2