• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

On 5/1/2022 at 5:37 AM, pipedreams said:

9d771bbc58112fcc.jpeg

NEVER!  NEVER, let someone get between you and your dream.  I fought that battle and won, in spite of all the reasons that I couldn't.  If I can, so can anyone else!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Since he's Sotomayor's clerk, she should be impeached, and if found guilty, removed.  Was Obama the criminal mastermind behind this judicial insurrection?

He should be tried and if convicted sentenced. How close was this deed to treason?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The most important thing is to take power from the Federal Government.  That's the most important thing.

Power it seized unconstitutionally. 

15 minutes ago, janice6 said:

NEVER!  NEVER, let someone get between you and your dream.  I fought that battle and won, in spite of all the reasons that I couldn't.  If I can, so can anyone else!

Big government of all parties fears the armed citizen who might decide “It’s time.” They don’t fear armed criminals other than as professional competition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I always reminded the young'uns, if you say that it can't be done, you are already defeated so don't even try.

Then I told them yet again that nothing is impossible except by definition.

I had a very early introduction to confidence and commitment to goals.

Long about the third or fourth grade, I think, we were doing some art.  Crayons (real Crayolas) on poster paper.

I used something or other to draw some circles of varying sizes, added lines and gondolas and was happily coloring them in when a girl came up to me and stated, I need the yellow crayon and you're just wasting it.

I was actually somewhat embarrassed and handed her the crayon, content to fill in my balloons with other hues.

The teacher came by and asked me if that was a picture of Phineas Fogg.

She was surprised that I knew who that was. I read a lot, even Around The World In Eighty Days.

Even then, I was a Jules Verne fan.

Later, it occurred to me, Why was her project more important than mine?

Obviously, she thought so, but did that mean that I had to sacrifice my legally-used crayon just to please her?

I pondered for a long time before I decided that, no.

I will offer you a kindness if I choose to, but never under threat.

My life is worth as much as yours.

I was around ten-years-old and that attitude served me well over the years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tous said:

I always reminded the young'uns, if you say that it can't be done, you are already defeated so don't even try.

Then I told them yet again that nothing is impossible except by definition.

I had a very early introduction to confidence and commitment to goals.

Long about the third or fourth grade, I think, we were doing some art.  Crayons (real Crayolas) on poster paper.

I used something or other to draw some circles of varying sizes, added lines and gondolas and was happily coloring them in when a girl came up to me and stated, I need the yellow crayon and you're just wasting it.

I was actually somewhat embarrassed and handed her the crayon, content to fill in my balloons with other hues.

She was surprised that I knew who that was. I read a lot, even Around The World In Eighty Days.

Later, it occurred to me, Why was her project more important than mine?

Obviously, she thought so, but did that mean that I had to sacrifice my legally-used crayon just to please her?

I pondered for a long time before I decided that, no.

I will offer you a kindness if I choose to, but never under threat.

My life is worth as much as yours.

It's a lesson well earned.  I learned it too.  If someone wants to demean me, it means that they believe I'm better at something than they are.  That's their problem, not mine.

What's with modern kids? The seem to have no, determination, self respect, belief in equal rights, the right to pursue happiness, the drive to achieve their dreams by their own means.  Just because someone tells you, "you can't", that doesn't make it so!

My father told me that if you earned what you have, no one could take it away, since now you had the knowledge to always earn it back.  Knowledge is the key to a happy life.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tous said:

That was a brand new book at the time.  :fred:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

It's a lesson well earned.  I learned it too.  If someone wants to demean me, it means that they believe I'm better at something than they are.  That's their problem, not mine.

What's with modern kids? The seem to have no, determination, self respect, belief in equal rights, the right to pursue happiness, the drive to achieve their dreams by their own means.  Just because someone tells you, "you can't", that doesn't make it so!

My father told me that if you earned what you have, no one could take it away, since now you had the knowledge to always earn it back.  Knowledge is the key to a happy life.

I hate the phrase, It can't be done.

When people said that to me, I just told them, Since you are already defeated, you mean that it can't be done by you.

One of my favorite little aphorisms is, Those that say it can't be done should stay out of the way of those doing it.

My father taught from an early age that no one can take my honor, courage, integrity, decency and honesty.

Those must all be willingly surrendered.

Thanks again, Dad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

two mummies.jpg

Curious how the Mormons had to give up polygamy before Utah could become a state but Muslims practice it in the states with no consequences. Seems it may be near time for a follow up Mormon special relegation. 

• Like 2