• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Never forget that this so called "Congressman" just insulted the troops out there defending him and his ilk.

Did he insult the troops or just their “leaders”? I have no doubt that directing the troops to stop the invasion would have great results. Not 100% stoppage but nearly that. 

3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Did he insult the troops or just their “leaders”? I have no doubt that directing the troops to stop the invasion would have great results. Not 100% stoppage but nearly that. 

As I read it, he talks about the troops, then about the troops again, then says the military (i.e. the troops) have abandoned us.

Either he isn't very good at public speaking, and went to the Biden school of thought processing, or he's saying it's the military.  He isn't calling the military an "it" but a "they", which to me says it's the people making up the military.

Doesn't Congress have some authority over the military and what it can or can not do in the long term?  I know the President has some short term authority, but long term doesn't the legislative branch have to agree with the executive for all large scale/long term operations?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cougar_ml said:

As I read it, he talks about the troops, then about the troops again, then says the military (i.e. the troops) have abandoned us.

Either he isn't very good at public speaking, and went to the Biden school of thought processing, or he's saying it's the military.  He isn't calling the military an "it" but a "they", which to me says it's the people making up the military.

Doesn't Congress have some authority over the military and what it can or can not do in the long term?  I know the President has some short term authority, but long term doesn't the legislative branch have to agree with the executive for all large scale/long term operations?

Constitution gave Congress the authority/responsibility to declare war, with President limited basically to short term emergency response until Congress had time to act. Congress abdicated. Last declarations of war were for WWII. Since then Congress basically gave a blank check to the President and Afghanistan is the most recent report card. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

The quote or summary originally posted said military without more details or specifics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Constitution gave Congress the authority/responsibility to declare war, with President limited basically to short term emergency response until Congress had time to act. Congress abdicated. Last declarations of war were for WWII. Since then Congress basically gave a blank check to the President and Afghanistan is the most recent report card. 

So in other words,

He's complaining that the military isn't doing it's job protecing us.

He's a member of Congress, who's job it is to oversee and direct what the military does.

In essence, he's complaining that he isn't doing his job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

So in other words,

He's complaining that the military isn't doing it's job protecing us.

He's a member of Congress, who's job it is to oversee and direct what the military does.

In essence, he's complaining that he isn't doing his job.

That's pretty much correct.  No one does their job, they just pass the buck and do whatever the swamp tells them.  The swamp? military industrial / medical-pharmaceutical / corporate media pretty much covers it.  I'm sure I missed something but that's a start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

That's pretty much correct.  No one does their job, they just pass the buck and do whatever the swamp tells them.  The swamp? military industrial / medical-pharmaceutical / corporate media pretty much covers it.  I'm sure I missed something but that's a start.

Add academic in the interest of completeness

Those folks who so love to be called Congressmen are in fact Representatives. But they don’t like to be referred to by their correct title as it is also a one word job description.

Folks who prefer to be called Senators could equally correctly be called Congressmen, as Congress is the legislative body containing a Senate and a House of Representatives.

Now I’m probably guilty of hate speech. . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1