• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

2 hours ago, NPTim said:

That is one sick mother****er! Really, when you have a classifiable mental illness as defined by the DSM-5 you shouldn’t be allowed in a position of power.

Your words Tim. "When you have a classifiable mental illness as defined by the DSM-5"

Apparently YOU "see one mental illness the same as any other" if it's defined by the DSM-5. The onus is on you. I suggest you qualify your own words rather than try to put your words in my mouth. I was surprised you made the original all encompassing statement to begin with. Surprising for a NP. Just qualify what you meant instead of digging deeper. No hard feelings, bro.

Oh! I see now. My error, Tim. You were referring to ones mental stability and intelligence. You would refer to Winston Churchill who was bipolar as an example. Please accept my apology.

What does your NP refer to?

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Your words Tim. "When you have a classifiable mental illness as defined by the DSM-5"

Apparently YOU "see one mental illness the same as any other" if it's defined by the DSM-5. The onus is on you. I suggest you qualify your own words rather than try to put your words in my mouth. I was surprised you made the original all encompassing statement to begin with. Surprising for a NP. Just qualify what you meant instead of digging deeper. No hard feelings, bro.

Nice try, but your deflection won’t work. You interpreted it how you wanted. It was obvious that I was referring to gender dysphoria. There is a term called Serious Mental Illness, or SMI. The experts classify certain mental illness with SMI. 

Look, bottom line is we, you and I will never see eye to eye on healthcare. Your opinion, formed from your experience with health problems is understandable, is that you are entitled to my services as a provider. I have health issues as well, yet I still do not feel entitled to healthcare, we are different in that regard.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul53 said:

universal health care fb.png

Yet the Europeans I met with on an international committee all complained that government healthcare was so unreliable and such a lengthy process that they had to buy private insurance also, simply to get routine and emergency care promptly.

Governments tend to ration and regulate healthcare in accordance with political purposes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

Yet the Europeans I met with on an international committee all complained that government healthcare was so unreliable and such a lengthy process that they had to buy private insurance also, simply to get routine and emergency care promptly.

Governments tend to ration and regulate healthcare in accordance with political purposes.

Haven't checked every country on the list, but all I search NOBODY goes bankrupt from medical bills. In the USA medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy! It seems everybody quotes some financial advantage to American healthcare, but if there were a way to find out where the money comes for the most costly healthcare system in the world lots of people would be shocked.