Scotch

Gun Shark

25 minutes ago, G30SF/F-250 said:

Are these ones you have, like, want, or what?

Have both and really like both. while the lower really can't compare to the Glenlivet, it's a very good bottle for $46. every time I run out, we buy in 3's JIC they raise the price.

• Like 1

Bought my dad a bottle of this last year for Father's Day and he really liked it.  He likes the peaty tones to it.  It was exceptionally smooth, but I'm not a fan of the Islay Isle blends.  His bottle came with a voucher to own 1sq ft. of the island.  He went on online and filled out some form and received an official certificate.  I think he enjoyed that as much as the scotch.

Laphroaig-18YO-Jubilee.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, PNWguy said:

Bought my dad a bottle of this last year for Father's Day and he really liked it.  He likes the peaty tones to it.  It was exceptionally smooth, but I'm not a fan of the Islay Isle blends.  His bottle came with a voucher to own 1sq ft. of the island.  He went on online and filled out some form and received an official certificate.  I think he enjoyed that as much as the scotch.

Laphroaig-18YO-Jubilee.jpg

That's pretty damn cool. 

• Like 2

GS

No hijack intended.

I really enjoy Scotch, but got frustrated by the higher prices caused by the "trendy crowd" factor, so I've been more into Bourbon the past few years. Unfortunately that too has been subject to the "trendy" price hikes lately.

I'd love, LOVE, to partake in a "whisky" dinner that allowed small samples of a number of better Scotch brands (real world, not Connor McGregor  level). I don't favor Islay, so what you've posted is spot on for my pallet. B|

edit to respond to the post above mine: Glad you enjoy it, drink all you can, it's clean out of my wheel house !

Edited by TBO
Address recent post
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TBO said:

GS

No hijack intended.

I really enjoy Scotch, but got frustrated by the higher prices caused by the "trendy crowd" factor, so I've been more into Bourbon the past few years. Unfortunately that too has been subject to the "trendy" price hikes lately.

I'd love, LOVE, to partake in a "whisky" dinner that allowed small samples of a number of better Scotch brands (real world, not Connor McGregor  level). I don't favor Islay, so what you've posted is spot on for my pallet. B|

edit to respond to the post above mine: Glad you enjoy it, drink all you can, it's clean out of my wheel house !

I'm right there with you. Which should lead us directly I to a separate bourbon thread....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TBO said:

GS

No hijack intended.

Thanks for reminding me to start a bourbon thread. :) and when you try them, let me know what you think of the two I posted. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2017 at 10:47 PM, TBO said:

GS

No hijack intended.

I hear ya... Hipsters ruin everything. It's getting prohibitively expensive to drink good scotch these days. I had quite a bit stocked up from the good old days, but that's mostly gone now. So I have to drink less or switch to something cheaper. Terrible options both. Sucks.

Edited by arkdweller22
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, arkdweller22 said:

I hear ya... Hipsters ruin everything. It's getting prohibitively expensive to drink good scotch these days. I had quite a bit stocked up from the good old days, but that's mostly gone now. So I have to drink less or switch to something cheaper. Terrible options both. Sucks.

You should really check out the Shieldag 18. I get one expensive scotch a year. The Shieldag is primarily the "daily drinker" when I am in the mood for scotch.

• Like 1

On August 29, 2017 at 9:04 AM, arkdweller22 said:

I am not much of a Scotch drinker, but you are entirely correct that hipsters ruin everything. They used to annoy the hell out of me in the breweries in Flagstaff. It was funny, you could literally see a division in the taprooms between that group of loud pretentious flakes, and the folks who just wanted to enjoy some good beers. image.jpg.6c9268ea6b36523c56d4f2bef5009846.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevekozak said:

I am not much of a Scotch drinker, but you are entirely correct that hipsters ruin everything. They used to annoy the hell out of me in the breweries in Flagstaff. It was funny, you could literally see a division in the taprooms between that group of loud pretentious flakes, and the folks who just wanted to enjoy some good beers. image.jpg.6c9268ea6b36523c56d4f2bef5009846.jpg

Which one are you in that picture?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Gun Shark said:

Which one are you in that picture?

You can't see me. I am in the corner enjoying a borbon vanilla porter and trying to ignore  of the rampant douchebaggery on the other side of the room, while plotting to bang the bored little gal on the cell phone. Why? 

I'm way out of my league in a Scotch whisky thread, but I've really enjoyed the Macallan whiskies I've tried, and I wish I could remember the name of the sherry cask Scotch a bud gave me a few years ago.

Those islays- I can't. The smoke, iodine, and peat are far too overbearing for my tastes. Hell, I prefer the sweeter bourbons, even. I do however, keep a bottle of Laphroaig 12 in my home for two friends- one lives in Alaska, the other in Kentucky. I reside in Florida.

Here's to my home state; I'll miss what she was when I leave. Here's to my friends and family. And here's to the continued enjoyment of uisce beatha, the water of life!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.