Baseball is dead to me

Dric902

980CCD4D-7702-493D-B131-0101E14D5AB8.jpeg.7d9b9845f2a62456b894e639b738b4c8.jpeg

529F91CE-5A8B-43C4-8E58-20B803C928B4.jpeg.a83c2fb385ae56ec4c287a5fa930d1e2.jpeg

https://www.salon.com/2017/09/24/mlb-joins-the-protests-oakland-as-player-first-to-take-a-knee-in-baseball/

ill never watch another MLB game. Dissin on my country, flag, police, veterans, soldiers

and the guy next to him with his hand on his shoulder

thugs, punks, millionaires playing stick ball, disgusting 

everyone of them is a thug, the team owners should be dragged out into the street, coaches fired.

i blame the league for allowing this disgraceful crap to happen.

their all dead to me, everyone.

apple barrel is rotten. Never again will I spend a dime on baseball. 

Eff em all

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Let me think.....

kaepernick was alone in kneeling in......preseason of.........2016.

what was the reaction then?

Lots of tap dancing going on

263D7F77-BD0C-4E3E-AF37-6335AD2DD7D4.jpeg.4e9802886012f8bef71db4fbce4d2c11.jpeg

Kaepernick made it an issue when he didn't get the contract offer he'd hoped for, just ones for less money than he thinks he deserves.

• Like 2

So......are you justifying and making excuses for a millionaire who disprespected every drop of blood she’d for this country since the declaration of Independence

our cops, veterans, soldiers disgraced.....and you want to blow it off as nothing

the story clearly stated that he was “joining the protest”

which one? Is there another protest besides the NFL Anthem kneeling that he was joining? 

He was joining the NFL players in protest.......

but it ok for him

MLB addressed and squashed it  never happened again  

NFL encouraged it. Happens constantly  

Again you are posting year old news to troll for reaction  if it kept happening I am sure people would feel the same way about mlb. but it didn’t  so it’s a non issue  

Boom

Edited by EricB
  • Like 2

Posting a photo of some idiot that is a year old and proclaiming "Baseball is dead to me" is obviously not the truth. Perhaps it was never alive to you and you are just trying to cause problems.

There has not been a single instance of that happening since that ONE player LAST year kneeled. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EricB said:

One time event back in 2017?

is the the way back machine forum?

2 hours ago, CincyRed said:

Posting a photo of some idiot that is a year old and proclaiming "Baseball is dead to me" is obviously not the truth. Perhaps it was never alive to you and you are just trying to cause problems.

There has not been a single instance of that happening since that ONE player LAST year kneeled. 

Rays pitcher Chris Archer, an African-American:
. ... From the ownership level, to the front-office level, to coaching, to the players, you know it's a little bit tougher for baseball players to make that leap, but I think he's the right person to do it.

"The way he went about it was perfect. You know, he didn't ambush his teammates, his ownership group. He let everybody know what he was going to do. As long as they approved, he was going to do it. He had the utmost respect, and I think it served its purpose. Hopefully we can just have change going forward. We've been talking about it enough, but just the change of people's outlook on other people and human rights hopefully happens from this."

Nationals manager Dusty Baker, an African-American and veteran of the Marine Corps Reserves:"At the same time, the bottom line is, there's a problem. There is a problem. We have to adjust and try to figure out how to find a solution to the problem. And I've seen this problem manifest itself many times over the years. We've been talking about the same problems I had when I was 18 or 19 years old, so have we made progress or have we regressed? It's up to us to try to figure out how to come up with a solution.

Cardinals manager Mike Matheny:
"I think we have people all across the board with how they feel about this. Unfortunately, what our president said hurt a lot of people, and those are American citizens that have rights, and those are athletes who are going to have their own ideas and thoughts of how they want to defend those rights. I think when we get into these situations, I can never put myself in somebody else's shoes or circumstances and how their life has led to the point of how they think about topics. But when people are offended and they feel that their rights are being infringed upon, in this country we have a voice. I think that's what we're seeing now.

A's manager Bob Melvin:
"[Maxwell] couldn't have handled the communication leading into that better than he did. I think the last thing everybody wanted was to be surprised by something like that, because we all know we're going to be asked questions about it. Not only did he communicate what he was going to do, but he went into the reasons for it."

A's teammate Mark Canha, who has placed a hand on Maxwell's shoulder while he has knelt:
"I think it's a small step forward, but I think we're starting to move in the right direction as a country when it comes to fighting for what's right."

Edited by Dric902

16 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Rays pitcher Chris Archer, an African-American:
. ... From the ownership level, to the front-office level, to coaching, to the players, you know it's a little bit tougher for baseball players to make that leap, but I think he's the right person to do it.

"The way he went about it was perfect. You know, he didn't ambush his teammates, his ownership group. He let everybody know what he was going to do. As long as they approved, he was going to do it. He had the utmost respect, and I think it served its purpose. Hopefully we can just have change going forward. We've been talking about it enough, but just the change of people's outlook on other people and human rights hopefully happens from this."

Nationals manager Dusty Baker, an African-American and veteran of the Marine Corps Reserves:"At the same time, the bottom line is, there's a problem. There is a problem. We have to adjust and try to figure out how to find a solution to the problem. And I've seen this problem manifest itself many times over the years. We've been talking about the same problems I had when I was 18 or 19 years old, so have we made progress or have we regressed? It's up to us to try to figure out how to come up with a solution.

Cardinals manager Mike Matheny:
"I think we have people all across the board with how they feel about this. Unfortunately, what our president said hurt a lot of people, and those are American citizens that have rights, and those are athletes who are going to have their own ideas and thoughts of how they want to defend those rights. I think when we get into these situations, I can never put myself in somebody else's shoes or circumstances and how their life has led to the point of how they think about topics. But when people are offended and they feel that their rights are being infringed upon, in this country we have a voice. I think that's what we're seeing now.

A's manager Bob Melvin:
"[Maxwell] couldn't have handled the communication leading into that better than he did. I think the last thing everybody wanted was to be surprised by something like that, because we all know we're going to be asked questions about it. Not only did he communicate what he was going to do, but he went into the reasons for it."

A's teammate Mark Canha, who has placed a hand on Maxwell's shoulder while he has knelt:
"I think it's a small step forward, but I think we're starting to move in the right direction as a country when it comes to fighting for what's right."

I think we have a failure to communicate. I will try again, it happened in 2017. This is 2018. All of those quotes and statements are from 2017. Baker and Matheny are not managers any longer.

Should I include a photo and post a story of Hitler taking power in 1933 and then warn everyone reading the post that we better watch out for this guy he could be causing problems in the future?

6 minutes ago, CincyRed said:

I think we have a failure to communicate. I will try again, it happened in 2017. This is 2018. All of those quotes and statements are from 2017. Baker and Matheny are not managers any longer.

Should I include a photo and post a story of Hitler taking power in 1933 and then warn everyone reading the post that we better watch out for this guy he could be causing problems in the future?

So it’s ok with you?

Kaep was 2016, should I include a photo

Rockies manager Bud Black said he would be "surprised" if one of his players participated in a protest during the playing of The Star-Spangled Banner, but he would support that player's First Amendment rights.

Athletics catcher Bruce Maxwell began kneeling during the anthem, and received support from his teammates, manager Bob Melvin and MLB in the form of a supportive statement. He has said he will continue to kneel for the anthem.

Edited by Dric902

32 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

So it’s ok with you?

Kaep was 2016, should I include a photo

Rockies manager Bud Black said he would be "surprised" if one of his players participated in a protest during the playing of The Star-Spangled Banner, but he would support that player's First Amendment rights.

Athletics catcher Bruce Maxwell began kneeling during the anthem, and received support from his teammates, manager Bob Melvin and MLB in the form of a supportive statement. He has said he will continue to kneel for the anthem.

No, it is not OK with me. 

That is not the point. The point is it happened in September 2017, not 2018. It is old news, rehashed by you to cause an issue.

Kaepernick did happen in 2016. I'm not sure if you are aware of the difference though. The NFL keeps having players do the stupid protest. Baseball has not had ANYBODY protest since that ONE catcher in 2017 who has all of 50 some at bats in 2018.

Next you will post a picture of a wheel, then tell us what a great invention it is.

• Thanks 1

My mistake

I didn’t realize the statute of limitations on shatting on my country

manager Bob Melvin and MLB in the form of a supportive statement. He has said he will continue to kneel for the anthem.

I realize you’re all butthurt cause apparently this hits closer to home (base) than the NFL.

how many at bats does he need to offend?

if a second string NFL player took a knee would you buy that excuse?

if an owner or Coach supported the protest, does that not matter in baseball.

he said he was joining the protest, the same protest as the NFL players, not some different protest, but the same protest.

but he only has 50 at bats so..........

ill leave you alone and not confuse you with pictures of Hitler or wheels to distract you any more.

And watch the preseason NFL, cause I won’t let somebody’s opinion control me. But know that it’s about the protest,  not the sport that’s protesting or how good the protester is at his sport. The only thing that changes is the amount of exposure.

A teacher, doctor, cop, soldier who takes a knee during the anthem is the same protest. You just paint it with your favorite sport as an excuse.

watch or don’t, but don’t discriminate and lecture me on the difference. There isn’t one.

Edited by Dric902

The NFL is a business. It is a business that has made it abundantly clear that the employees of that business can **** off the national anthem  on company time while wearing company issued uniforms. The same entity made it clear that the Dallas Cowboys team would not be allowed to wear blue decals on their head gear to show support of police after five cops were murdered in a single incident in July 2016. 

So according to the NFL

******* off the national anthem, by kneeling, sitting etc, while at work in uniform is okay.

Wearing pig socks in practice is okay.

Wearing a blue decal on helmet in support of police after 5 police were murdered in one incident is not okay. 

**** the NFL. 

By early last year it was apparent to me that the likelihood of the **** The National Anthem movement spreading to other professional sports was pretty damned high given that it had already spread to college and high school teams and bands. Accordingly I gave my SF Giants jacket, that I had bought in 2007 and was still in great shape, to my cousin and decided that the Giants and Sharks could **** off too.

Edited by G26S239