Couple Strange Problems

Jack Ryan

Think of add-ons/extensions as little apps to tweak your Firefox (or Chrome) browser.  Things like ad blockers, weather scripts, etc.

Did anyone set up firefox for you?  If so, they may have installed extensions to help protect you.  One of these extensions (particularly DuckDuckGo) may be the culprit here.  If it is installed, you need to "white list" this site.

Edited by minderasr

I use primarily use Chrome but have Firefox and IE installed as well.  Chrome has a bunch of extensions while the other two have none.  That way when there's an issue with Chrome I'll try the others to see if the problem persists.  Then start modifying and turning off the Chrome extensions.

10 minutes ago, minderasr said:

Think of add-ons/extensions as little apps to tweak your Firefox (or Chrome) browser.  Things like ad blockers, weather scripts, etc.

Did anyone set up firefox for you?  If so, they may have installed extensions to help protect you.  One of these extensions (particularly DuckDuckGo) may be the culprit here.  If it is installed, you need to "white list" this site.

That stuff kinda sounds familiar.

12 minutes ago, minderasr said:

I use Duck Duck Go (am now) and didn't have to change anything.  

3 minutes ago, minderasr said:

The addon or the search engine?  There's a difference.

When I white listed TBS in the DDG addon my issues with the site went away.

I simply downloaded the search engine and made it my default.  I set up nothing.  I'm not saying that your wrong, or that Duck Duck go couldn't do this.  Just that out of the box, mine didn't.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, Jack Ryan said:

I can't use the "like" feature and it keeps saying there was a problem if I try.

I also can never go to page two or the "next" page in any thread. Yet I can go BACK to the list of threads and go to next page.

When I bring up the list of "unread content" I can only look at or use the FIRST page. If there are more I never know because I can't load "more content".

All these result in the same "problem" message if attempted. It's been a problem for a while now.

I have all the same problems when I use Chrome. I don't have them with Microsoft Edge accept I can't hite the Thanks button on any post and on my own posts I don't see any buttons.

By the way, can we get a Sticky  to show dummies like me how to bring photos to our archive and put avatars on? 

Edited by Citra47

• 9 months later...