knife lube

DUBSY

It's almost embarrassing the number of various lubricants/products I've accumulated over the years. Seems like every time a high tech offering comes out, it ends up in the cabinet.

On folding knives, suggest Tri-Flow for pivots, a light machine oil that won't gum up on moving parts. I usually wipe down the rest with Flitz knife wax, just let it dry and wipe it clean, protects without drawing dirt.

For fixed working blades, keep a Marine Tuf Cloth handy. It leaves a residue, but offers really good rust prevention, especially on high carbon steel.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ballistol is a good all-around lubricant.

For folders, I used Benchmade's Blue Lube.  It is thicker, seems to hold in the pivot area longer than most, and doesn't migrate to other areas of the knife.  Also, Blue Lube does not attract dust or debris like some lubes.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I did buy some Benchmade Blue Lube just for the hell  of it about a year ago when I was ordering a knife. It doesn't work any better than the gun lubes I have used for decades. At various times I have used Pro Shot One Step, Slip 2000, FP10 and CLP among others. All work just fine as did the Hoppe's gun oil I used as a kid.

Edited by G26S239