Man Cave

fortyofforty

I'm running the Firefox extension https everywhere.  However when I try to white list TBS or disable the extension, the site still forces the secure connection.

Update: I think I found the culprit.  The DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extension.  I just whitelisted TBS and now I'm no longer forced to a secure connection.

Update 2:  Everything seems to be working normally for me again.  Highlight thread topics gives me the preview, mancave accessible again, I can once again like posts, and I can click to the next page again.

Edited by minderasr

Yes, that's the problem.  I learned about DuckDuckGo from The Bore Site.  Installed it.  Then it caused problems on The Bore Site.  I added it to the White List and I'm fine again.  Thanks, minderasr.  Sorry, Eric, that was more information than I had had time to sort out.  I was waiting for the weekend to put the list together.

• Like 1

The DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extension got me too.   It has been quite a while since I installed it.  I had forgotten it was running.

I whitelisted TheBoreSite, and things look promising.

So - why did things work OK for months, then last Friday start mis-behaving?

Minderasr  -  Looks like a few of us owe you a beer or three.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, misterfox said:

The DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extension got me too.   It has been quite a while since I installed it.  I had forgotten it was running.

I whitelisted TheBoreSite, and things look promising.

Minderasr  -  Looks like a few of us owe you a beer or three.

That I cannot answer.  I had DDG installed for a while, too, and forgot about it.  If I had just installed DDG and then TBS started acting weirdly, it would have been easier to put two and two together.

Not sure I understand the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extension thing, been using Duck Duck for a very long time and I fixed the problem by uninstalling a few recent MS updates and reinstalling Firefox.  That solved all the problems for me, I was seeing the same problems everyone else.  Usually any flaws in MS updates get corrected in later updates which will replace the uninstalled.  But whatever fixes the problem is good.

13 hours ago, misterfox said:

That's a good question.  I have been using the DDG extension for a very long time, and never had an issue with TBS...until recently.  Could have been caused by a recent update to the extension.  I don't know.