Man Cave

fortyofforty

Just tested it on IE, FireFox, Chrome and Brave, no reloading, no issues here. Using a Win 7 64 bit computer.

Looks like it is a very specific problem in combination with your device, OS,  browser and / or browser version.

Eric will most likely need the following information: 

• Device
  • Operation system and version
  • Browser and version
  • Do you use any addons in your browser, for example AD blocker?
  • Please copy and paste the URL from the page where this problem is happening
  • Like 1

Here are the three urls that keep cycling through:

https://theboresite.com/forums/forum/99-mc-forum/

https://theboresite.com/clubs/2-the-man-cave/

http://theboresite.com/clubs/2-the-man-cave/

I logged out, cleared cookies, logged back in and the problem is still occurring.

Using Windows 10, 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Intel Pentium processor, Chrome browser.  No problems two days ago.  Problems today.  Same parameters.

I should add that I can only see the first page of any given subforum.  When I click page 2 (for example) or next it just brings me to the top of page 1.  All this only started a few days ago for me.  Running Windows 10 home 64bit, and the latest version of Firefox with Ublock Origin but TBS is whitelisted.

On two identical setups with Win 7  i7 processors, have cleared cookies and history and rebooted.  No other problems with various other sites I'm logged onto.

Desktop:  I keep getting a yellow triangle at the top indicating connection not secure.  Each time I click on a new page the yellow triangle changes to green padlock for a moment and then back to yellow triangle.

"Like" feature doesn't work and "clubs" keep flashing.

Laptop:  no yellow triangle or padlock showing everything works fine.

My Galaxy Android also works fine.

Edited by pipedreams

On 7/22/2018 at 9:13 AM, minderasr said:

When I make a new post and hit "submit reply", I get a message that it's saving and it never goes away.  However when I refresh the page my post is there.

That happened to me once a while back but not in the Man Cave.  I chalked it up to a glitch in the Matrix.

On 7/22/2018 at 7:11 AM, pipedreams said:

Using the latest version of Foxfire, Win 7, problems seems to be with the clubs mostly.

When try to use the "like" feature I get the below everywhere.

image.jpeg.92bd6416e3f7355a1b59f1eddcd921e5.jpeg

Just cleared all cookies and history and rebooted and problem still there.

Just installed the newest FireFox, Also on an i7 Win 7. I can't reproduce ANY of the mentioned problems. Not with Chrome, not with IE, not with Brave either. Thread preview also works.

I have a feeling that these issues only apply to certain users with certain security settings. Afaik this domain / forum doesn't have a SSL cert, and maybe some updated Ajax scrips within the forum software expect SSL. Depending on the browser settings this can cause the scripts not to be executed and hence not deliver output. But without being able to see the server logs this is just a wild guess.

Edit: or a cloud / hosting issue. The loop between http and https could also be a DNS issue.

Edited by crockett

I suspect it may of related to a recent Windows update but that is just a guess.  I uninstalled several updates and reinstalled Foxfire and my problems seemed to have gone away.  I don't do updates on my laptop so I set everything up to match it and seems to be fine.  Since several people had similar problems I suspect Windows updates.

4 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I suspect it may of related to a recent Windows update but that is just a guess.  I uninstalled several updates and reinstalled Foxfire and my problems seemed to have gone away.  I don't do updates on my laptop so I set everything up to match it and seems to be fine.  Since several people had similar problems I suspect Windows updates.

Would make sense compared to my case. I don't update my Win 7 at all, and all works.

7 minutes ago, crockett said:

Would make sense compared to my case. I don't update my Win 7 at all, and all works.

I have been careless about updates, I used to wait till they had been out a while to update hoping to miss troublesome ones.  Think I'll stop doing them all together since everything is working fine.

10 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I have been careless about updates, I used to wait till they had been out a while to update hoping to miss troublesome ones.  Think I'll stop doing them all together since everything is working fine.

I've got a firewall and don't open wacko email attachments or websites. Been working great for me for a very long time. I caught a few exploits on hacked websites, usually solved by killing all IE processes, but nothing serious.

• Like 1