Pork Buns

Al Czervik

Looks delicious!  That, technically, is not Chinese style baker or steamed pork buns.  If anything, with the cucumber slices, they look Vietnamese in origin.  Are the sliced cucumbers slightly sweet pickled?  I see you spread a little of that sweet tasting sauce on the steamed rolls, making it more like a Peking Duck style sandwich/roll/wrap.   

I came home today with a strip of pork belly.  I think I have an idea for Sunday dinner!  Will need to buy a pack of steamed rolls and see what sauces we have.  Oh yeah, on Sunday morning pickle some cucumber slices in sweet brine.

1 minute ago, PATCHMAN said:

Looks delicious!  That, technically, is not Chinese style baker or steamed pork buns.  If anything, with the cucumber slices, they look Vietnamese in origin.  Are the sliced cucumbers slightly sweet pickled?  I see you spread a little of that sweet tasting sauce on the steamed rolls, making it more like a Peking Duck style sandwich/roll/wrap.   

I came home today with a strip of pork belly.  I think I have an idea for Sunday dinner!  Will need to buy a pack of steamed rolls and see what sauces we have.  Oh yeah, on Sunday morning pickle some cucumber slices in sweet brine.

Thanks, but it is not my photo.  I make mine about twice as large.  The guys in the house like the taco-style pork buns with crispy pork belly, quick pickled cucumbers, scallions, and hoisin.  The ladies prefer the traditional style pork buns.  So, we alternate between the two.

• Like 1