Ungluing of the American public

Quickling

After the Trump/Putin meeting, I spent last night browsing Reddit and was blown away by the open hatred, as they called for the removal of an illegal/illegitimate President and his entire cabinet. They are open that they will not be satisfied until all of his laws have been reversed, all of his SCOTUS picks removed, and the Dems are in complete control of the both branches and the SCOTUS.

Whats more is there are multiple threads calling for a violent coup in order to obtain their results if their demands are not immediately met. They want Hillary (the clear victim of election fraud) and they want Cortez and more forward thinkers like her. Bernie is out because he is too right wing now.

All of this thought is justified under the guise of 'patriotism'. Though its hard to see how they can be patriots when almost every liberal post is also calling for the destruction of the Constitution and a replacing of it with 'modern law'.

These people clearly believe they are right and are willing to openly cause civil unrest to accomplish it. Now most of them are keyboard commandos who will never do anything other than talk big in the safety of the internet, but we are seeing protests of Republicans in public/chasing them out of public spaces/following them around, so some of their hatred is coming into action.

They are 100% convinced they will sweep the polls in November.

On the other hand, based on the behavior of democrats, more conservative forums have become filled with open mocking of them. Lots of people hate them based on their behavior and a desire to never see them in power again.

We are 100% convinced that we will win in November, and we believe that we are the patriots and not them.

Now I make this second argument only because I am scared for the American future. I believe that the left is moving to such an extreme point of anger and hate that they are causing an almost equal anger in the right. Both sides truly believe that their side is the side of God and Patriotism. Thankfully, the right has shown a lot more restraint in their behavior currently, but I worry that a massive tinder box is forming in America and that either the midterms or 2020 election cycle may be a powerful enough spark to really get this hatred to its boiling point.

I worry that America is polarizing to a point where moderate discourse may become impossible. I dream of a day when both sides can turn the other cheek and see each other as humans, and that difference of opinion is not only acceptable but guaranteed under our rights. But I fear that with every moment of unhappiness on the left and subsequent equal/opposite reaction this causes on the right.... I fear this just pushes everything farther apart and closer to a point of no return.  =(

When the loony left advocates for civil unrest and political violence, they had better beware.   If they keep it up, they just might get it...in spades.  It's pretty clear which side is better prepared,  skilled and disciplined.   

When Clinton was in office there were cries of Revolution/Civil War coming from the Right.

When Bush, jr. was in office there were cries of Revolution/Civil War coming from the Left.

When Obama was in office there were cries of Revolution/Civil War coming from the Right.

When Trump is in office.............

SSDD

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, limeylad said:

When Clinton was in office there were cries of Revolution/Civil War coming from the Right.

When Bush, jr. was in office there were cries of Revolution/Civil War coming from the Left.

When Obama was in office there were cries of Revolution/Civil War coming from the Right.

When Trump is in office.............

SSDD

What didn't change was, who was right.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

The quest for freedom is never extreme. The more intense, the merrier.

Both sides only want freedom  for the issues they support whether it's bump stock bans, inter-racial marriage, gay marriage, wedding cakes, or dining out.  Hypocrites on both sides!

Just now, limeylad said:

Both sides only want freedom  for the issues they support whether it's bump stock bans, inter-racial marriage, gay marriage, wedding cakes, or dining out.  Hypocrites on both sides!

No, only one side wants it. The other side wants to impose restrictions on freedom. I really don't give a **** who marries whom, but I tend to side with nature (don't you?). Gay marriage is an abomination. Had it been adopted - or, say, legalized - 2000 years ago, you and I would not be here debating this **** - it is a dead end. I don't know about you, but I put my money on Homo Sapiens.

It doesn't bother me either black marrying whites or brown yellows. But I prefer to leave it to personal decisions, not government policy (imposed multiculturalism, anyone?).

• Thanks 1

Looks like the left moved in.

@OP: Reddit is a huge home-base for jobless trolls and gamer kiddos living in mom's basement. Many of them have zero life experiences and talk a bunch of bullshit. I'd stay out of that collection of clowns.

Politics has always been a sort of pendulum in my view. Swing a little bit right or left and back again. In the last decade or two, the rhetoric has gotten stronger and faster and threatens to break the system.

In the short term, I'm actually glad that the left has gotten louder and more extreme. For many years, the media has only shown the so-called "extremists" on the right. I can't believe that the 20ish % in the middle approves of the recent violence, hate and even the proposed policies of this "new" left wing. The mainstream media doesn't cover it but the internet has taken their dominance away. Perhaps that will be enough to keep complete power out of the left's hands. For now.

In the medium to long term, things could get ugly if there is no return to civility. Ronald Reagan found a way to work with Tip O'Neil. Dare I say it, even Bill Clinton compromised with Newt Gingrich. Those days are gone for now. Every issue is voted on party line no matter the topic. If we don't find civility again, things good get ugly. If/when the left gets complete control of Congress and the Executive, hang on. The changes will be breathtaking and permanent.

• Like 1