Where's everyone from?

Borg warner

From Northern VA, then college out of state in WV, and have been in Richmond for nearly 10 years. Big enough city to be fun, without the big city traffic/sprawl and cost of living is lower than in Northern VA. 

I used to live in NOVA too and am glad to have left.

Are you WVU or Marshall alumni?

I was raised in E. Kentucky by the WVA state line and have lived in Central Ky since.

I’m also lived in Eastern Kentucky, just a stones throw away from WVA. Now I reside in Central Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KY_Moose said:

I used to live in NOVA too and am glad to have left.

Are you WVU or Marshall alumni?

I’m also lived in Eastern Kentucky, just a stones throw away from WVA. Now I reside in Central Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shepherd University 

Brooklyn for me too, but I said NYC earlier as more general. Red Hook was a really rough neighborhood when I was a kid, a place we were always told to stay away from. I grew up in Bensonhurst. Recently when back in Brooklyn I could hardly believe what an high end place Red Hook had become, along with other parts of Brooklyn like Park Slope that had been lower class neighborhoods that now rival Manhattan in terms of rental costs. Other than the food I don't miss Brooklyn at all. 

The buckeye state - my whole life (and the Mrs).   Want to move down next to @crockett but with all four kids here and now grandbabies, prolly stuck here.  Not so bad.  We got a nice piece of land in God's country, shooting range in the back yard, deer hunting in the back 40.  Still hate the winters though...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, G19 DB said:

The buckeye state - my whole life (and the Mrs).   Want to move down next to @crockett but with all four kids here and now grandbabies, prolly stuck here.  Not so bad.  We got a nice piece of land in God's country, shooting range in the back yard, deer hunting in the back 40.  Still hate the winters though...

I miss the snow and cold around the holidays. 90 F on Christmas eve just doesn't feel right.

• Like 1

I was born an Iowa farm boy here in central Iowa, close to Ames and Des Moines.  

I always said I'd leave when I got older, but the family and the farms just seem to just keep me anchored here.

The weather is the worst.  The heat in the summer will melt the life out of you, and the winter winds and cold will shatter your bones.

But crime is lower, jobs are more plentiful, and living is cheaper than nearly anywhere else in the country.

And, most importantly, as previously mentioned, family......

Edited by jame

People doubt it when speaking to me, but I was born and raised in south Mississippi.  

But Missippi doesn't have an economy that supports my technical career.  I'm now a bit north of Atlanta.

I want to live so far out in nature I can't see my neighbors, but I also want a ten minute drive to metropolis.  There is no pleasing me.

I grew up in the small town of Clintwood, VA. I now live in Bristol, VA. It's famous for being split down State Street between VA and TN (Geico commercial). Bristol TN is also home to Bristol Motor Speedway. 

Liberal Hell Washington.   Little over 40 years now.    Started when my dad was stationed here at Gray Army Airfield.   

It's been a horrible transformation watching a once amazing state get turned into a moonbat **** crazy northern california.   

I still love many parts of the area but I can't stand most of the transplants or the politics anymore.   It won't be long before the moonbats vote to turn me and many others into felons.  

We will not be staying here forever. 

On 7/19/2018 at 2:15 PM, Foxterriermom said:

Born and raised in western New York State.

Went to college in Iowa where I met my former husband.

Moved to Kansas, then Texas, then Tennessee, then Louisiana, then South Dakota and finally back to Texas where I've been for the last 22 years and will probably remain.

I didn’t know you was from my neck o the woods! Where in western newyorkistan were you from?

3 minutes ago, Sigobsessed said:

I didn’t know you was from my neck o the woods! Where in western newyorkistan were you from?

Oops posted before I read your next post!

I'm from Rochester ny. I was born and raised in the neighboring town to which I live now. I not a fan of the politics and laws here in newyorkistan but I love New York, it’s s very beautiful state! I have great hunting right around the corner from my house! I’m about halfway between senaca falls Waterloo and Lockport!

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, jame said:

I was born an Iowa farm boy here in central Iowa, close to Ames and Des Moines.  

I always said I'd leave when I got older, but the family and the farms just seem to just keep me anchored here.

The weather is the worst.  The heat in the summer will melt the life out of you, and the winter winds and cold will shatter your bones.

But crime is lower, jobs are more plentiful, and living is cheaper than nearly anywhere else in the country.

And, most importantly, as previously mentioned, family......

I heard Rock Hudson was born in Iowa. And 'reared' in Hollywood. 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:26 AM, kdj70 said:

I grew up in the small town of Clintwood, VA. I now live in Bristol, VA. It's famous for being split down State Street between VA and TN (Geico commercial). Bristol TN is also home to Bristol Motor Speedway. 

Been there. Checked out lots of cool places in the area. Many were well off the beaten path.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmokeRoss said:

I heard Rock Hudson was born in Iowa. And 'reared' in Hollywood. 

I guess I hadn’t heard that, but given our stoic conservative nature, it wouldn’t surprise me, but probably wouldn’t know of it, either.

However, John Wayne and Johnny Carson were both born here.

Born and raised in Detroit, went to MSU a depressing number of years ago.  Have lived in AZ, AK, CA, VA and MO.

Michigan winters really suck (heard that often on AK -  ha), but no critter or weather here can really kill you, I like that.

Live in Dearborn now.   It's pretty nice.

Born and raised in Boise Idaho. Spent 2 years in L.A. (Inglewood) in the early 70's, moved back to Boise then spent 10 years in Portland Oregon in the 80's (I enjoyed it but glad I'm not there now). I now reside in Meridian Idaho and don't think I'll ever leave again.