Where's everyone from?

Borg warner

14 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I like knowing about what part of this great country people are from...

Thanks for asking, Hannie!  While I'm at it, may I mention my height, waist size, favorite way to prepare a steak, and whether I hold doors open for women or not?

?

Born in the Motor City.

Have lived the vast majority of my life in various corners of the southeast US.

And, I prefer my firetrucks red.

• Like 1

Born in Baltimore Maryland.

From the earliest I can remember I hated it.

I said,  "One day I will get out of Baltimore and have enough land I can shoot on it and land an airplane.

Joined the USMCR when I was 17. 

About 1963 I went to the Army Helicopter Flight School in Mineral Wells Texas.

Went back as a flight instructor and stayed in Texas ever since.

I have two shooting ranges on my land and use to land airplanes on the road until we put up mail boxes. 

My place is still a FAA licensed Heliport. :)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Maccabeus said:

Thanks for asking, Hannie!  While I'm at it, may I mention my height, waist size, favorite way to prepare a steak, and whether I hold doors open for women or not?

Why yes, please do.  Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm from North Myrtle Beach, S.C.  But now I live in Melbourne Beach, FL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

South shore of Boston area, stints in Nova Scotia, La, south Florida, and Alaska..

politics and gun laws really suck here but both my wife’s and my family are here. And my job. After retirement will stay in New England just up north someplace. NH or Maine

Born and raised in western New York State.

Went to college in Iowa where I met my former husband.

Moved to Kansas, then Texas, then Tennessee, then Louisiana, then South Dakota and finally back to Texas where I've been for the last 22 years and will probably remain.

• Like 2

We moved to MI 17 years ago, when I was 8 months pregnant with Kid#1, because Mr.C's job was here (well, mostly... sometimes it's in Poland, Lithuania, China, I think next year is Japan...).  It's a great state to homeschool in.  But I would really rather be in Wyoming, the Dakotas, Montana... you get the idea.  We're probably here til he retires, though, and I might not want to deal with any more nasty winters after that.  Also, he periodically tries to move me to Costa Rica... where hunting is illegal WTF.  That's not going to happen.

12 hours ago, Foxterriermom said:

Born and raised in western New York State.

Went to college in Iowa where I met my former husband.

Moved to Kansas, then Texas, then Tennessee, then Louisiana, then South Dakota and finally back to Texas where I've been for the last 22 years and will probably remain.

I was born in Pennsylvania but lived in Western NY state from the time I was 1 until I was 11 years old. we lived in a town called Lockport on the Erie canal.  It was about halfway between Buffalo and Niagara falls.   Most of our neighbors worked at the Harrison Radiator plant.

Born and raised in New York City. Thought there was no other place worth living. As soon as I moved out to El Paso, for my military service, realized that I would NEVER move back to NYC. That was 52 years ago and I have not moved back to where I grew up. Lived all over the world during 24 years of service and moved to Rockford, IL for a job and then ended up retiring here. Would love to leave here and move to a warmer climate but several of my children and grandchildren live within a few hours of here and family is more important than weather. Since we achieved legal concealed carry here in IL in 2014 it has been a more acceptable state to live in. 

Edited by Vito

Grew-up in Kingsport TN, spent my summers working the family farm outside of Adger, AL. Graduated from Auburn University, moved to Huntsville for my first "professional" job, and finally landed just southwest of Knoxville, TN back in 1994. I guess the Tennessee Mountains just called me home.