Where's everyone from?

Borg warner

I like knowing about what part of this great country people are from. I've lived in and traveled through different states, east coast, west coast, the midwest and a few southern states including Texas and in the military got to know people from all over the country, I have relatives in Canada and spent a lot of time and have friends in Baja California Mexico and spent Christmas there one year,  I lived most of my life in California until I couldn't stand it any more and moved to Washington state where I've lived for 20 years. I spent a year in Alaska but I've never been to Hawaii.

So what's YOUR story? Where are you from, and how long have you lived there and how do you like it?

Edited by Borg warner

From Northern VA, then college out of state in WV, and have been in Richmond for nearly 10 years. Big enough city to be fun, without the big city traffic/sprawl and cost of living is lower than in Northern VA. 

• Like 1

Born in Oregon. Raised in Oregon, Washington, Tennessee, Texas and England. Joined Navy lived mostly California, Washington and Westpac. Retired from Navy in Florida and stayed there 20 more years then moved back to Oregon. Can't imagine not living by ocean but west coast sure has changed. California Oregon and Washington are beautiful but the politics sure make it interesting. Gonna find a small town somewhere between Redding and Port Angeles and live out the rest of it out here lol.

Born and raised in Moscow, ID, moved to Boise for a few months after high school, joined the Navy and was in San Diego and Memphis for training, then stationed on Kauai, HI for 18 months, then to Whidbey Island in Washington state and got assigned to the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN72) and did a Westpac during Desert Storm.

Got out and moved back to Moscow, then visited a Navy buddy in Iowa and met a girl and lived there a few years.  Back to Idaho, then back to Iowa, then down to Arizona for several years.  Got divorced a few years ago and moved back up to within 15 miles of where I was born and raised.

This area has unparalleled hunting and fishing opportunities with low crime and moderate weather.  It's in the 90's now, but low humidity.  

Housing prices are high compared to the Midwest and wages are lower and jobs are scarce.  As a bachelor in my 40's, it is slim pickings for sane and attractive women from 35 to 45.

But, I have low drama and am enjoying life.  Millions of acres of forest to explore a short drive away...

IMG_20150718_145230828_zpsesgyo8uy.thumb.JPG.7201d8419d10e41bd65c2e779ece9b0d.JPG

• Like 3

Born and raised in Boston Mass,survived it for 27 years and got out in one piece.

then moved to a Western Minneapolis Suburb,been here for almost 20 years now.

i`m hoping to keep going West in the near future South Dakota or Wyoming would be ideal to me.