Chicago could soon test universal basic income program

pipedreams

As if Chicago and Illinois didn't already have enough financial problems.

"Chicago alderman Ameya Pawar recently proposed legislation that would provide 1,000 families with a $500 monthly stipend-- no questions asked. The bill already has the backing of the majority of city lawmakers, and Pawar hopes to soon work with Mayor Rahm Emanuel to implement the pilot program, The Intercept reported."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/17/chicago-could-soon-test-universal-basic-income-program.html

And the Feds will be asked to pay when the state can't meet their obligations. 

Just like the feds are at fault for the gun crime, when the city won't enforce the law on special groups.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

$500?  What the heck is that supposed to pay for?  one phone?  one month's worth of groceries?  This is another theft-by-taxation wealth redistribution and vote buying scheme of the demoncrats.

+1. I absolutely degree. I was told a long time ago that if the nation's wealth were equally divided between every single resident, a couple years later 10% of the population would have 80-90% of the wealth because they were willing to work for it (When no one feels a need to work at the local brewery an enterprising few will find large supplies from somewhere and charge an arm and a leg for it).

• Like 1

As long as no Fed money is used for this insanity, I don’t care what the imbeciles running Chicago do. 
It will involve Fed money. No way around it.

I didn't read the article. Will the recipients be means tested? Does the "family" have to have a married father?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TX OMFS said:

It will involve Fed money. No way around it.

I didn't read the article. Will the recipients be means tested? Does the "family" have to have a married father?

Dang, don;t you know that would be discriminatory and racist.

• Like 1