remodel job finds this in the space behind dry wall

ASH

I worked for my uncle in Boise in `87 and `88 as a finish carpenter apprentice.  We did some cool jobs on very nice homes, including one for an Albertson's executive.  One home had a crawl space above the dining room and I was up there for some forgotten reason and I took the time to write some information on a 2x6 with my carpenter pencil.  I included my name, the date, the price of gas, the current president, the car I drove, etc.

Hopefully some day someone will get a kick out of it... 

• Thanks 2

1982 I was working for a paint factory/store in Spokane. In January they got the bright idea to have us install a new bigger double door by the loading dock, requiring cutting into the walls and framing in the larger door.

So we're freezing our butts off doing this. Seeing it as kinda dumb, I wrote up a time capsule note. "My name is xxx and it's January 15 1982. We have been working on this god damn door for two days freezing to death. If someone ever finds this note, please call me or one of my descendants an tell us what a good job we did on this son of a bitch." Or something to that effect.

About ten years later, while I was working somewhere else, I get a call. "We found your note!" They did some other remodeling, pulled out the doors we installed, and there's the note stapled to the framing. They really got a kick out of it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:58 PM, Valmet said:

Remodeled my hall bathroom two years ago and all future owners will find behind those walls is one of my forgotten Maglites. 

was that the L.E.D. bulb variant to the traditional bulb type?

Years back I was renting a house while we built one.  In the basement apartment they were remodeling the bathroom... and found a grenade in the wall.

Ended up being an inert trainer... but you never know what you'll find!

I was helping a friend do a remodel of a basement one time and found on top of the main beam under the house,

a sawed-off shot gun.   It was cut off less than an inch in front of the chambers, and the stock was cut off right behind the hand-grip. 

That had to be a bear to open for cocking and loading because it was so short.   We gave it to the home owner and advised him

to turn it in to the police. 

3 hours ago, Heehaw said:

ah no big loss. shoot my eight and ten year old kids don't even know they make anything other than LED lights.

Well I’m a long-in-the-tooth 36 and I don’t even think I own an LED Maglite 

16 hours ago, Valmet said:

Well I’m a long-in-the-tooth 36 and I don’t even think I own an LED Maglite 

not intending to hijack the OP post,but about 10 years ago I decided to try and make a super LED light out of a mag light. I loaded that baby up with a custom "home" battery pack. it was the brightest light I had ever seen.....for about 3 seconds. It never did work again after that.