New Mahindra Roxor - Mini Jeep?

PNWguy

I'd seen some mention of these a couple of years ago but never thought they'd be for sale in the US.  Clearly a flagrant violation of Jeep trademarks.  Must be all the royalties they have to pay that explains the $19k price tag.

But still, very cool vehicle.  Basically a shrunk down Jeep CJ with a turbo diesel motor brand new and with a warranty. 

http://www.lifestyleshonda.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=5476199&p=2&s=Year&d=D&t=new&vt=utility vehicle&fr=xNewInventory

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

My thoughts on it are that it is very cool and appealing due to the retro Jeep look and the diesel motor.  Base price of $15k is within the limits of the UTV market.

However, not having read any reviews or seen one in person, I'm speculating that the solid axle and leaf-sprung suspension will make it ride not only very rough, but make it not as capable as the other "traditional" side by sides with their IFS and long-travel suspensions. 

• Like 1

Can't get past the price for what is.     I like the concept though.     

I hate to say it but I'll be on the bandwagon of for the money I'd buy a SXS instead and around here probably have a better chance of road legal registering the SXS.   

As a owner of 79 renegade and golden eagle. After seeing that I almost blew chunks. What a ugly mfer that is .alas some will or maybe buy that thing. ?‍❤️‍?‍???‍?‍?‍??‍?‍?‍??‍❤️‍?‍??‍❤️‍?‍??

I hate this emojis ******* always stall out how putting old ones at top

As a owner of 79 renegade and golden eagle. After seeing that I almost blew chunks. What a ugly mfer that is .alas some will or maybe buy that thing. [emoji68]‍[emoji173]️‍[emoji182]‍[emoji67][emoji68][emoji1286][emoji1286][emoji68]‍[emoji173]️‍[emoji182]‍[emoji67][emoji68]‍[emoji173]️‍[emoji182]‍[emoji67][emoji102]

I hate this emojis ******* always stall out how putting old ones at top

Nice. I owned a ‘79 CJ-5 Renegade with the in-line six and three speed stick. Thing would go anywhere, and I pulled many a 4x4 out of the mud with her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PNWguy said:

My thoughts on it are that it is very cool and appealing due to the retro Jeep look and the diesel motor.  Base price of $15k is within the limits of the UTV market.

However, not having read any reviews or seen one in person, I'm speculating that the solid axle and leaf-sprung suspension will make it ride not only very rough, but make it not as capable as the other "traditional" side by sides with their IFS and long-travel suspensions. 

Also bigger and harder to get into.  Seems like all the disadvantages of a SXS with all the disadvantages of a Jeep.  Still cool.

Amazingly, if you look at the actual dimensions of the Roxor vs. the original Willy's Jeep 2A, the Roxor is bigger in every way...

http://www.atv.com/comparison/2018-mahindra-roxor-vs-willys-jeep-numbers

The Roxor is 25" longer and 5" wider than the Jeep and weighs 585 lbs more.

For perspective, a Polaris General 4-seat UTV is even bigger at 150" long compared to Roxor's 148" and is half an inch wider.

Base price of the Polaris is $22k vs, $16K for the Roxor. 

general-4-1000-eps-lg.png?v=4beee484

23 minutes ago, Citra47 said:

For an off road vehicle that will be compared to UTV's their price is high but the diesel could sway some buyers to them.

Have you priced UTVs lately?  Most start at the same price as the Mahindra or higher.

If you want a diesel-powered UTV, then you have the Mahindra at $15k, the Polaris Ranger at $15k, Kubota at $14k, Kawasaki at $14k, or the John Deere Gator at $12k.  None match the horsepower or capacity of the Roxor.

I still wouldn't get one just because I don't think the suspension will perform nearly as well as the IFS on every other UTV.  Plus, I'm in the market for a 50" UTV.  Anything wider around here and you might as well get a Jeep.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

Have you priced UTVs lately?  Most start at the same price as the Mahindra or higher.

If you want a diesel-powered UTV, then you have the Mahindra at $15k, the Polaris Ranger at $15k, Kubota at $14k, Kawasaki at $14k, or the John Deere Gator at $12k.  None match the horsepower or capacity of the Roxor.

I still wouldn't get one just because I don't think the suspension will perform nearly as well as the IFS on every other UTV.  Plus, I'm in the market for a 50" UTV.  Anything wider around here and you might as well get a Jeep.  

Remember when Ford went from the original Bronco to the large Bronco. People were trying to get rid of the new, wider Bronco with the caved in sides and buy back their old Bronco.