How to make shotgun range time fun?

Quickling

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays.   

I suck at shooting shotguns but I'm not giving up.     I'm still aiming instead of pointing.    

It is a lot like shooting steel though.  There is something very gratifying in destroying a clay pigeon.   

• Thanks 1

One of the most fun "wing" shooting I ever did was after a round of golf in the morning.  In the afternoon we went to the gravel pit with a couple clay pigeon throwers.  My buddy got the idea of taking out his flop wedge and hitting some old balls he found in the woods.  Hard to hit, but when you nail one good, that golf ball really does some crazy things.  We all had a great time and laughed about how much fun it woud be hiding in the woods with a shotgun off the tee box of a par 3 hole on our favorite course.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 10:57 PM, Jack Ryan said:
  • #1 thing with any firearm,  making it fun, is make it something the shooter is capable off and still capable of missing. If you are never hitting anything, it won't last long, it is too hard. If you NEVER miss or start joking around just to make it fun, it is too easy.
  • Shotguns are designed and intended for moving targets. Use them that way.

Great advice here ^^^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a wire strung between a couple of trees, and bent some more wire into hangars for clay pigeons.  Spread them out and see how fast I can take them out in a row with the mossy 500 pump without missing any.

Other than that it's mostly soda cans, and occasionally breaking out the cheap clay thrower to launch a few in the back field.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...