The Best & The Worst Gadgets

N2extrm

I am a gadget sucker. I fall for things, sometimes I buy them just to play around. So lets here what were the best and worst small dollar investments you made in reloading bench; tools, equipment or gadgets. 

Off the top of my head:

Best:

The silly bearing for the 650, shell plate, a little piece of tubing for the 650 "Ski Ramp"  and the spent primer catcher upgrade on my Rock Chucker. 

Worst:

Fancy reloading block from Sinclair (if you get one powder flake in it you will never get the case out). 

• Like 1

Great topic N2extrm. I'll have to think about that for a minute because I spend so much time researching products that I rarely get stuck with bad mods or items.

Best:

• 21st Century Shooting hand priming tool
  • UniqueTek Micrometer Powder Bar Kit for Dillon hoppers
  • Omega trickler
  • All inline products are great, especially the tallest stand and the light
  • All my Dillon's have shellplate, screws, toll head, primer bearing and other upgrades from a bunch of people selling them on eBay.

Worst:

• All LE Wilson case gauges. Those ******* rust because they cheaped out on the steel. Dillon's are much better.
  • I could sing my RCBS song again about several items that failed on me, all made in China, but I won't bring that up again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crockett said:

Great topic N2extrm. I'll have to think about that for a minute because I spend so much time researching products that I rarely get stuck with bad mods or items.

Best:

• 21st Century Shooting hand priming tool
  • UniqueTek Micrometer Powder Bar Kit for Dillon hoppers
  • Omega trickler
  • All inline products are great, especially the tallest stand and the light
  • All my Dillon's have shellplate, screws, toll head, primer bearing and other upgrades from a bunch of people selling them on eBay.

Worst:

• All LE Wilson case gauges. Those ****ers rust because they cheaped out on the steel. Dillon's are much better.
  • I could sing my RCBS song again about several items that failed on me, all made in China, but I won't bring that up again.

Yes great points! My dang Wilson case gauges are a mess, I thought it was me I guess not. And the RCBS decapping die, broke that stupid pin sooooooo many times! $%^&#$ Die!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, N2extrm said:

Yes great points! My dang Wilson case gauges are a mess, I thought it was me I guess not. And the RCBS decapping die, broke that stupid pin sooooooo many times! $%^&#$ Die!

I'm not a Lee fan (out of personal reasons), but I do use their universal decapping die. It never failed on me.

• Like 1

Little Crow Gunworks, WFT (worlds finest trimmer).  Set it once, chuck it in your drill press and trim all your brass.  Buy one for any rifle (caliber) you shoot (and reload) alot.  Great time saver.

Dave

Edited by G19 DB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, G19 DB said:

Little Crow Gunworks, WFT (worlds finest trimmer).  Set it once, chuck it in your drill press and trim all your brass.  Buy one for any rifle (caliber) you shoot (and reload) alot.  Great time saver.

Dave

Did you have a look at the Giraud Tri-Way Trimmer? The WFT 'only' uses a flat cutter, while the Giraud has a blade that also chamfers as well as deburrs, in on step, fully adjustable.

http://www.giraudtool.com/giraud-tri-way-trimmer.html

img-2053_orig.jpg

• Like 2

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.