CZ Shadow2

Alan

My first CZ. I've heard many good things about the Shadow2 so I decided to reward myself. (No more money going to my ex and I've paid in full my son's first year college expenses to Temple University in Japan, so it was time for dad to get something!)

• Like 2

My wife has the cheapo plastic CZ P09.    I absolutely love that thing.  It's an amazing gun.    I would grab that gun before any of our Glocks if I were headed off in a SHTF scenario.    

We have been lusting over some of the fancier CZs such as the ones you guys have posted.     One of these days.  

• Like 1

I recently added a Shadow 2 to the collection also.  My first CZ and so far I am enjoying it. The owner of the range I shoot at provided some 147gr hand loads he uses in competition.  Very soft, very accurate shooter.

Now wondering if it is worth sending off to CZ Custom and let them work their magic.  Have read nothing but great things about the work CZ Custom performs.

BC770436-E3D9-4C31-8DB8-DE5481494E95.jpeg

• Like 1

I bought a Shadow 2 and hated it at first. It felt awkward in my hand, and actually gave me a blister when I shot it. I tried to trade it off a few times. Just about getting ready to sell it, I decided I had to shoot at least one match with it. That was all it took, she’s a keeper. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Redhookbklyn said:

I recently added a Shadow 2 to the collection also.  My first CZ and so far I am enjoying it. The owner of the range I shoot at provided some 147gr hand loads he uses in competition.  Very soft, very accurate shooter.

Now wondering if it is worth sending off to CZ Custom and let them work their magic.  Have read nothing but great things about the work CZ Custom performs.

BC770436-E3D9-4C31-8DB8-DE5481494E95.jpeg

If you want to take the Shadow 2 to the next level, you might consider installing CGW reach reduction and S-2 kits. Easy to DIY with only minor fitting of the disconnector. I really liked the stock aluminum grips but they were a touch slippery in my sweaty hands.

(original parts removed)

42343256031_cd3da6f500_b.jpg

42695054371_3a94735517_b.jpg

5 hours ago, Alan said:

Nice! I've got my local shop hunting down a Compact SDP for me now. It was next on my list...

You are going to love it! The Wife kidnapped mine and it's part of her carry rotation:

aNiENQkh.jpg?1

FWIW, the Bud's Gun Shop and Range in Sevierville, TN had one on the shelf last weekend. I believe it was right about $1300.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2018 at 11:40 AM, RandomGuy said:

You are going to love it! The Wife kidnapped mine and it's part of her carry rotation:

FWIW, the Bud's Gun Shop and Range in Sevierville, TN had one on the shelf last weekend. I believe it was right about $1300.

Turns out the SDP is a bit of a unicorn: magical, mystical, mysterious, and hard to find in the wild. My LGS said I could get on a waiting list but that it would be around 1.5 years before getting in my hands, according to CZ Custom shop. The last SDP at Bud's is gone. Argh! I'd also be happy with the P-01 Omega Convertible since it was 3rd on my list. My guys are doing their best to track one down.

20 hours ago, Alan said:

Turns out the SDP is a bit of a unicorn: magical, mystical, mysterious, and hard to find in the wild. My LGS said I could get on a waiting list but that it would be around 1.5 years before getting in my hands, according to CZ Custom shop. The last SDP at Bud's is gone. Argh! I'd also be happy with the P-01 Omega Convertible since it was 3rd on my list. My guys are doing their best to track one down.

Ouch. Well, there's always Gunbroker. There is a NIB SDP on there with a buy it now for $1250. 

I've never even laid eyes on a P-01 Omega. I'm somewhat intrigued by the convertible trigger system. I am kinda kicking myself that I passed on a PCR a couple of weeks ago but bought a sweet S&W 640-1 to ease my grief.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 11:59 AM, RandomGuy said:

Ouch. Well, there's always Gunbroker. There is a NIB SDP on there with a buy it now for $1250. 

Much obliged. I've passed this info along to my LGS. If it works out then I'll send you a finder's fee!

Edited by Alan

4 minutes ago, Alan said:

Much obliged. I've pass this info along to my LGS. If it works out then I'll send you a finder's fee!

No problem. I'm quite good at helping people spend their money! ?

Hope it works out for you as the SDP really is one heck of a pistol.

• Haha 1