Are you superstitious?

Sprout

Yes.  It only rains when I leave my umbrella at home.  If I let my gas gauge drop below 1/4 tank, there will be a major power outage.  I only get a flat tire at night when it's raining.  The first ATM I go to will be out of order.  No matter which line I get in, it will be the slowest.  Etc....

• Haha 1

Not really, but I don't tempt fate. I won't walk under ladders or break mirrors or such things because I'd feel really stupid if I did and then something bad happened. Like today I'm staying under the bed all day. You know, just to be sure...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not really, but I have noticed that over the decades, Friday the 13th is usually a good day for me.  Now, being that I have far more good days than bad, the chance that the last few Friday the 13ths have been good days full of fun and good luck is likely just a matter of simple statistics.

i am a little  , wife is not , oldest daughter is  ,youngest is not .   i just use the day to binge watch some good ole jason movies at night  lol .  

one thing i do is if i go somewhere  on road  trip  i always take different way home . 

Edited by ASH

No.

Grew up with a mother with serious mental issues and she was extremely superstitious. Made my life hell. I could get a beating at any moment because I violated some taboo I didn't know about. I think she made some of them up herself. 

But Friday, October the 13th 1307 was a bad day. 

My dad and I were working on my camper and one of the new tail lights fell and the snap ring that held the lense in place popped out.  Neither of us saw it pop out.  I joked that with my typical luck, we would never find it and it would inexplicably disappear like it was sucked into an alternate universe.  My dad scoffed and said we'd find it.  We're on a big paved driveway in front of his shop with gravel in every direction for 25yds.  There is the camper, my Yukon, and his dually pickup parked in the area.  We searched for 45 minutes, on our hands and knees, in a 25 yard circle around where the snap ring disappeared.  Didn't find it.  My dad could not believe it.  We ended up running a bead of clear silicone around the light to hold the lense in place.  That was on Thursday.

Tonight, I stopped by to have a beer and my dad comes out triumphantly holding the snap ring.  I asked where he found it and he said it it had popped out of the light assembly, shot 7 yards at a 45 degree angle and wedged itself between the rear driver's side dual wheels of my dad's truck.  One in a million shot.  I told him that sort of thing happens quite often to me when I work on vehicles...