Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

pipedreams

Does TSA make only male TSA agents check Muslim men?  They get pat downs.  Do they allow women to touch them, and do they allow men to touch Muslim women?  I'll bet so.  I'll bet TSA bends over backwards to be culturally sensitive.  To Muslims.  Christian grannies in wheelchairs can be mauled, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortyofforty said:

Does TSA make only male TSA agents check Muslim men?  They get pat downs.  Do they allow women to touch them, and do they allow men to touch Muslim women?  I'll bet so.  I'll bet TSA bends over backwards to be culturally sensitive.  To Muslims.  Christian grannies in wheelchairs can be mauled, though.

It is fortunate for TSA screeners that a judge has ruled TSA agents have immunity for abuses during the performance of their jobs.

TSA screeners have immunity from flier abuse claims, appeals court rules, https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tsa-screeners-have-immunity-flier-abuse-claims-appeals-court-rules-n890566

So I guess they can touch away!

Of course that ruling is bad for every flier and especially abused grandmothers and attractive young women that will be more aggressively felt up with this ruling. Will pedophiles flock to be TSA agents now? I see more children subjected to "pat downs". Oh sure some will eventually be fired, but that have immunity from other actions that would get the rest of us no end of problems.

So if I'm understanding this and other things correctly, there is absolutely nothing in the constitution that says that traveling by air is protected in any way.  If they do not like the security measures put in place at U.S. airports, they are more than welcome to utilize other methods of transportation (for the ones flying domestically).

For the international travelers, if they don't like our security procedures, then don't use our airports.

There, problems solved.

8 hours ago, racerford said:

It is fortunate for TSA screeners that a judge has ruled TSA agents have immunity for abuses during the performance of their jobs.

TSA screeners have immunity from flier abuse claims, appeals court rules, https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tsa-screeners-have-immunity-flier-abuse-claims-appeals-court-rules-n890566

So I guess they can touch away!

Of course that ruling is bad for every flier and especially abused grandmothers and attractive young women that will be more aggressively felt up with this ruling. Will pedophiles flock to be TSA agents now? I see more children subjected to "pat downs". Oh sure some will eventually be fired, but that have immunity from other actions that would get the rest of us no end of problems.

I may have to do a little digging to read the actual decision on this. On the surface, it sounds as if it gives free rein for criminal actions by TSA. Surely not? It also appears to be a 3 judge panel decision that could be appealed to the full circuit or to SCOTUS. While I feel that TSA is incompetent and arrogant, the apparent guidelines for searches aren't insanely bad. My fear is if those rules are blatantly violated, a passenger has no recourse? Not good.

I have long preferred driving myself on trips anyway. For over two decades, I drove for 8+ hours a day. If it isn't a "coast to coast" trip, I'll do it myself.

1 minute ago, Borg warner said:

Hey, I'm offended by all the crap TSA puts me though every time I fly on an airplane but if it wasn't for Muslim extremists who we let into this country, none of us would have to endure such offenses. 

What is a non-Extremist Muslim?... Please Esplain :)