Server Changes

Eric

• Administrators

I just made a series of security and optimization changes to the server. The process should have been transparent to you all, but if anything weird is now happening that wasn't happening before, please let me know. Thanks.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nestor said:

I can sense the server change due to the pain in my left knee ;) Thanks for doing a great job Eric :)

It’s good to see you here, man. I hope all is well with you and your family. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric said:

It’s good to see you here, man. I hope all is well with you and your family. 

Thanks my Friend. We're fine, just growing older :)

Nice to see your new forum. Just can't wait to see how it will grow.

Best of luck.

• Administrators
Just now, Nestor said:

Thanks my Friend. We're fine, just growing older :)

Nice to see your new forum. Just can't wait to see how it will grow.

Best of luck.

Thanks. It will be a lot of work, but I am optimistic.

• Like 2

Today, my iPad seems to be not playing well with this site.

I don't know if it is the new server or my iPad, but I will be typing a reply to something and the screen just goes white, some message flashes across the top, and it will reset but everything I typed will be gone.

If it happens again, I will try to do a quick screen shot so I can read what the message was.

I'm a computer idiot, but I have to tell you this - I can log in at all times from my home computer, yet somehow it's impossible when I'm using my cellphone and wi-fi. Is there something wrong with the settings on my end?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, jmohme said:

I don't know if it is the new server or my iPad, but I will be typing a reply to something and the screen just goes white, some message flashes across the top, and it will reset but everything I typed will be gone.

If it happens again, I will try to do a quick screen shot so I can read what the message was.

2 hours ago, Nestor said:

I'm a computer idiot, but I have to tell you this - I can log in at all times from my home computer, yet somehow it's impossible when I'm using my cellphone and wi-fi. Is there something wrong with the settings on my end?

Hi guys. Can you tell me when this problem began? That info would be very helpful.  Thanks. 

It happened just once today a little before noon.

I have not had the problem since, so it may have just been a fluke. I will let you know if it happens again.

• Administrators

I just remembered that there was a database issue this afternoon. It wasn't a big problem and it was easily fixed, but it may have been what was causing the problems. Were those of you who experienced problems having trouble before midday today?