strange or weird things your pets do ?

ASH

one of our hua's  named rain   is spade  and we rescued her well she humps remote controls . does not matter what remote  lol  

we have one cat who  sleeps on air vent no matter if heat or cold  .  

what weird stuff does  your animals do ?

I have a 260 lb mastiff that like to fart at the worst possible moments.  Walk for an hour...nothing.  Kids want to pet him...nothing.  Hottie is entranced by my beanbag chair that drools...he let's slip the dogs of war.  One lasted at least 20 seconds and changed key 4 times.

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I have a 260 lb mastiff that like to fart at the worst possible moments.  Walk for an hour...nothing.  Kids want to pet him...nothing.  Hottie is entranced by my beanbag chair that drools...he let's slip the dogs of war.  One lasted at least 20 seconds and changed key 4 times.

Yeah blame the dog.

My inside dog often will come to me and insist I pull his food bowl out into the middle of the kitchen floor and stir the food up with my hand before he will eat.

Rowdy the outside dog will grab either his favorite toy or sometimes the rawhide chew I just gave him and climb up on the bench on the deck for me to pet him.  He will be going wild with the toy while wagging his tail and going back and forth on this little bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Molly, our girl cat, thinks it's her job to put me to sleep.

We get into bed.  She comes up beside me and rolls onto her back so I can pet her tummy.

She purrs loudly, and stays there until my hand stops moving, which she thinks means I'm asleep.

She then gets up carefully, goes and gets a snack, returns to bed and goes to sleep herself.

This is a nightly ritual.

IMG_0554.JPG

• Like 1

Our previous cat, India, would curl-up with us in bed and wait until we turned the lights off before getting up, walking the interior perimeter of the house, and coming back to report "all is well" by laying back down, or "something is wrong" (light still on, door/window open, etc) by hopping-up and meowing at me.

Our current cats, being Bengals, have quite a few unusual habits compared to other breeds. They love to hop in the shower with you and, if the Wife is taking a bath, will happily jump-in and play with water up to their chins. They also have a unique way of telling us when they are tired of a toy, or it needs fresh catnip.... They drop it in a waterbowl to announce that "It sleeps with the fishes".

• Like 1

My cat hates me. He's good for the GF and her daughter. Yet god forbid I sit at my desk. He gets into everything he knows he's not supposed to. On the table, knocks things off bookshelves ect. It only happens for me. I'm the one that rescued him from a farm field in 10 degree weather, feed him etc. Yet I catch all the ****.

Most things cats do are strange or weird...I've gotten used to it.  Normal behavior for them and entertaining for us.

At night, my first cat would be at the foot of the bed on my right side.  Invariably she wanted to get to the left side sometime during the night.

No big deal right just jump over.  Nope.

She would walk up to my head, cross over on my neck, all 4 paws mind you, then walk down to the LH foot of the bed.  Every night.  For 10 years. 

• Haha 1

My wife got one of our cats into a really bad habit a long time ago and now it's almost more annoying than funny. He'll hop into the kitchen sink and meow at us to turn on the faucet just enough for him to drink from. He's also the weirdo of the group (we have too many cats) and will find a lone piece of paper/plastic in an odd location and fit both front and rear paws on it to sit on. He'll look ridiculously uncomfortable with his head hunched all the way over like a gargoyle lol!

Tell time. 

My dogs get fed about 6:00 am and about 6:00 pm. But they get a dog treat at almost exactly 12:00 every afternoon. They will come begging for the noon treat at noon. Give or take 1-2 minutes. Today the girl barked at me at 12:01. I think they key off of the position of the sun. On days with heavy overcast, they are not as accurate.