Any wine drinkers here????

Scwine

1 hour ago, Scwine said:

I really need to find out about French and other Euros.  

Try these. Two affordable wines from different regions in Spain - Report back! :)

Rioja

https://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/tempranillo/muga-rioja-reserva-unfiltered/p/59978750

Toro

https://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/tempranillo/numanthia-termes-toro/p/1942750?s=925&igrules=true

• Like 1

I wouldn’t mind drinking wine for dinner but every wine I have tried is I guess you would say dry cause it left my mouth feeling like a cotton ball. If I could find something fruity and not bitter I would drink it. But I don’t know how to pick wine. A Somalia if that’s how you spell it let me try some saint Michelle and it was good. 

If you’re adventurous enough to get there, drinking your way across South Africa is undoubtedly the best bargain for winos in the world. SA has spectacular wines of all varieties, and their wine country B&Bs are on par with many in California. The difference is, a top tier SA bottle runs ~$4 and a bungalow at the winery with an included breakfast, game drive and sunset dinner is around $60/nt.

My experience was back when the rand was at 9:1 with the dollar. It’s now in the 13.5:1 range. If you can drive a left-handed stick shift, and put a lot of irrational (and some rational) fears aside, SA remains the single greatest bargain on earth for those willing to endure the 17 hour flight.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fortyofforty said:

Oh, and we have a special Club for this sort of dialogue.

What's that?  I looked and didn't see a food or drink forum room.  <<< Nevermind I just found it. 

Edited by Scwine

14 hours ago, Airmotive said:

If you’re adventurous enough to get there, drinking your way across South Africa is undoubtedly the best bargain for winos in the world. SA has spectacular wines of all varieties, and their wine country B&Bs are on par with many in California. The difference is, a top tier SA bottle runs ~$4 and a bungalow at the winery with an included breakfast, game drive and sunset dinner is around $60/nt.

My experience was back when the rand was at 9:1 with the dollar. It’s now in the 13.5:1 range. If you can drive a left-handed stick shift, and put a lot of irrational (and some rational) fears aside, SA remains the single greatest bargain on earth for those willing to endure the 17 hour flight.

Had a friend in the wine biz and he was saying this exact same thing 20 yrs ago about SA wines.  Good to know it's still holding true.