Massive RC Connie. This is impressive.

Rabbi

24 minutes ago, Eric said:

That is amazing. Bigger boys really do have better toys! I notice the landing gear didn't retract until about 5:28 into the video. Lockheed Constellations had Sleeper berths for trans-atlantic flights back in 1955.  I've often wondered why they don't do that today, but tickets were $500.00 back then for a sleeper and that's $4,200 in today’s money,  Even the regular airfare wasn't cheap back then and air travel was considered somewhat of a luxury in the early to mid 1950's.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Lockheed Constellations had Sleeper berths for trans-atlantic flights back in 1955.  I've often wondered why they don't do that today.

They do, Emirates First Class Suite for example.

First_Class_fully_flat_bed.0.jpg

Or Singapore Airlines...

Suites_01_preview.jpeg

3 minutes ago, crockett said:

They do, Emirates First Class Suite for example.

Or Singapore Airlines...

Makes sense.  A flight from LAX to Australia is about 14  hours and airfare is around $1200 bucks. Even at twice the price would make for a much nicer trip if you could afford it. People used to pay close to 5 grand for a trans-Atlantic flight on the Concorde to be able to get to Europe in 3 and a half hours instead of 8.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:24 PM, Borg warner said:

Makes sense.  A flight from LAX to Australia is about 14  hours and airfare is around $1200 bucks. Even at twice the price would make for a much nicer trip if you could afford it. People used to pay close to 5 grand for a trans-Atlantic flight on the Concorde to be able to get to Europe in 3 and a half hours instead of 8.

It is mainly demand orientated. Most folks in the US buy rather cheap instead of quality. This is number one reason why we exported our own jobs to places like China, and why Wal Mart is the largest American employer,

People in Asia and Europe spend a lot more money on quality products and service, including flights, no matter how long they are.

On my last flight to the NRA expo in Dallas, I wasn't able to get a seat in the first class, I took a photo of me, sitting in economy like a pig on its way to the slaughter house. Only in the US. I swore to myself that I will rather drive than do this bullshit ever again. My entire day was screwed up because I couldn't move one inch for 2.5 hours. My legs fell asleep and I was totally cramped up. On top of that, US airlines treat you like ****. There is no comparison possible to Asian airlines, its an entirely different leagues.

As you can see, I'm not fat and at 6. 1" within average length. I was all the way back in the seat and my kneecaps were still rubbing on the seat in-front of me. Every time the passenger moved around, I got hit in the knees. That was American Airlines by the way, go figure.

Edited by crockett

• Administrators
1 hour ago, crockett said:

It is mainly demand orientated. Most folks in the US buy rather cheap instead of quality. This is number one reason why we exported our own jobs to places like China, and why Wal Mart is the largest American employer,

People in Asia and Europe spend a lot more money on quality products and service, including flights, no matter how long they are.

On my last flight to the NRA expo in Dallas, I wasn't able to get a seat in the first class, I took a photo of me, sitting in economy like a pig on its way to the slaughter house. Only in the US. I swore to myself that I will rather drive than do this bullshit ever again. My entire day was screwed up because I couldn't move one inch for 2.5 hours. My legs fell asleep and I was totally cramped up. On top of that, US airlines treat you like ****. There is no comparison possible to Asian airlines, its an entirely different leagues.

As you can see, I'm not fat and at 6. 1" within average length. I was all the way back in the seat and my kneecaps were still rubbing on the seat in-front of me. Every time the passenger moved around, I got hit in the knees. That was American Airlines by the way, go figure.

Img_0386.jpg.dc135cd1bc06883151bec0483a1d7323.jpg

We need to get those legs to a squat rack! :)