Any pre-ban fans on here?

Valmet

I have a Norinco AK-47.  I bought it in San Diego CA when I was stationed there in the 1980's.  It came with 3 30 round mags and 500 round of ammo for $350.  No waiting period and no background check, before California went nuts.

ak.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aomagrat said:

I have a Norinco AK-47.  I bought it in San Diego CA when I was stationed there in the 1980's.  It came with 3 30 round mags and 500 round of ammo for $350.  No waiting period and no background check, before California went nuts.

Of all my AK's the Norinco has been my favorite.  They were made on the same tooling to the same standards as their full auto military models.  Absolutely indestructible.

• Like 2

Back before the California AWB of 1989 which is what inspired the federal AWB of 1994, so-called "assault weapons" were relatively cheap, only around $3-400 bucks. At the time, my brother bought a mini-14 and didn't really like that, so he bought an HK-93. and then he sold that and bought an FAL. I bought a Chinese SKS unissued in cosmoline for under $200 and the guy I worked for bought and M1A for $4-500.  Even in 1989 dollars those prices are nothing compared to what you have to pay for an HK or an FAL or an M1A today.

After the California ban was passed and they wanted people to register them gave my "assault weapons" to my other brother in Washington state and started making planx to move there. I stayed in Cali for a few more years and worked on the campaign to recall David Roberti, the author of the Roos-Roberti California ban and got to know Neal Knox who was former EVP of the NRA who was replaced by Charlton Heston. The NRA considered Neal too much of a "Hardliner" but as far as I was concerned he was right on the money. We managed to defeat Roberti, but after that, California fell under one-party rule and I moved to Washington state.

After 1994 I remember reading about how Ted Nugent had a Glock 20 and had several Pre-ban mags for it. Hell, you needed to be a rock star to be able to afford them basck then! Ever since that time I always wanted a Glock 20 even though back then I didn't like Glocks. But years later I finally got my Glock 20SF and now the 15 round mags are no longer forbidden except in states that are under Leftist totalitarian control and are not really part of America anymore

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Back before the California AWB of 1989 which is what inspired the federal AWB of 1994, so-called "assault weapons" were relatively cheap, only around $3-400 bucks. At the time, my brother bought a mini-14 and didn't really like that, so he bought an HK-93. and then he sold that and bought an FAL. I bought a Chinese SKS unissued in cosmoline for under $200 and the guy I worked for bought and M1A for $4-500.  Even in 1989 dollars those prices are nothing compared to what you have to pay for an HK or an FAL or an M1A today.

After the California ban was passed and they wanted people to register them gave my "assault weapons" to my other brother in Washington state and started making planx to move there. I stayed in Cali for a few more years and worked on the campaign to recall David Roberti, the author of the Roos-Roberti California ban and got to know Neal Knox who was former EVP of the NRA who was replaced by Charlton Heston. The NRA considered Neal too much of a "Hardliner" but as far as I was concerned he was right on the money. We managed to defeat Roberti, but after that, California fell under one-party rule and I moved to Washington state.

After 1994 I remember reading about how Ted Nugent had a Glock 20 and had several Pre-ban mags for it. Hell, you needed to be a rock star to be able to afford them basck then! Ever since that time I always wanted a Glock 20 even though back then I didn't like Glocks. But years later I finally got my Glock 20SF and now the 15 round mags are no longer forbidden except in states that are under Leftist totalitarian control and are not really part of America anymore

After I bought my Norinco, AK-47 for $350, a buddy bought a SKS with 3 30 round mags for $199.  Back then the gun stores had racks of surplus bolt action Enfields and Mausers for under $100.  I should have stocked up.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/12/2018 at 9:17 PM, aomagrat said:

After I bought my Norinco, AK-47 for $350, a buddy bought a SKS with 3 30 round mags for $199.  Back then the gun stores had racks of surplus bolt action Enfields and Mausers for under $100.  I should have stocked up.

Yeeeahhhh....

I remember those days.  You could find a quality Enfield or Mauser at a wonderful price.  Those days are long go.

My Mauser was made in 1941 by some company called JP Sauer. 

That rifle has a history that I'd love to know...or not.  But i can hit a 5 inch plate at 100 yards with her.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Historian said:

They are talking about NFA acting your AR and every magazine you have.

$200 a magazine.

I understand. And I will take my corporate tax and parts of my income tax payments out of country.

The state of North Carolina invited me - ages ago - to bring my European company to the US, for tax and low regulation benefits. Since the Dems are about to screw up everything, I will make sure that my assets and interest are protected be relocating to a country that has better conditions to offer.

Elections do have consequences. Business owners adjusting to new tax hikes is one of them.

Edited by crockett
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crockett said:

I understand. And I will take my corporate tax and parts of my income tax payments out of country.

And i don't blame you one bit.  In fact, i totally understand it.

I hope you make an obscene profit as well. :)

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crockett said:

The state of North Carolina invited me - ages ago - to bring my European company to the US, for tax and low regulation benefits. Since the Dems are about to screw up everything, I will make sure that my assets and interest are protected be relocating to a country that has better conditions to offer.

Elections do have consequences. Business owners adjusting to new tax hikes is one of them.

Get out while ya can. 

After the supreme court not even hearing the Texas Law Suite and probably loosing the senate to boot...I sure would leave the country if I could.  Just too old, so I'll just sit here and watch the Republic die.

7 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Get out while ya can. 

After the supreme court not even hearing the Texas Law Suite and probably loosing the senate to boot...I sure would leave the country if I could.  Just too old, so I'll just sit here and watch the Republic die.

I won't leave yet, but I will counterbalance Biden's tax hikes, and I will come out better. I always make sure that any personal impacts leave me with an outcome that is even better. I call it survival.

If things REALLY go down South, Venezuela style, I will see if there is a critical mass to uphold the constitution, or if its time to say good-bye.

Edited by crockett
  • Thanks 1