a WHY THREAD

ASH

my gripe is im selling some tractors  ,thinning herd since im retiring ,  i get like 20 people a day asking about it . i gave honest pics and wht is wrong with each one, tell them the size

ive had about 5 people stop texting they are to buy and show up with the smallest trailer you can find .  it scares me so many do not common sense. i had a guy say  wheres the title ?  

i said in NC   all you need is bill of sale .  nope  left .   i had a guy and wife show up  saying to much wrong with it . its leaking something  , im like something ?  umm radiator   i said the effing tractor is 30 years old   you gonna have leaks .    ok thats my rant this weak .   some people drove 2 hours with lawnmower trailers i kid you not .  

• Like 2

I can tell you for aa fact that town folks have no idea how heavy and powerful some of this farm equipment is, and most don't understand the upper and lower limitations of said equipment, including trailers.

I can understand if they show up with all that they had available.  But I don't understand why people don't pair the limitations of trailer and load.

And of course this stuff leaks.  Up until a few years ago, my hands looks like they were always dirty, because I couldn't get all the oil and grease out of the cracks in my hands.  They got that way trying to stop leaks!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holyjohnson said:

um,maybe its best they don`t use a tractor at all.

i swear i had a guy wanting to know how to put in gear , and what is a pto  .  his wife said he wanted to learn to mow with bush hog , i  told him you might want to start with a small kubota  

not a 684  international   lol.   

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ASH said:

i swear i had a guy wanting to know how to put in gear , and what is a pto  .  his wife said he wanted to learn to mow with bush hog , i  told him you might want to start with a small kubota  

not a 684  international   lol.   

two words.

you. tube.

we sold our old tow truck some years ago and the next day i got a phone call from the guy pissed that nothing worked,after a short conversation of him yelling i asked if he pulled the PTO plunger under the drivers seat.

he had no idea how to operate a tow truck i called him many names then wished him the best of luck with his DOT certifications..

Edited by holyjohnson
period misuse

Just now, janice6 said:

People that want Farm equipment should talk to a Farmer that is missing fingers or a hand first!

FTW  !!!! been lucky  still got all fingers and hands but my hands are disfigured  i got 2 pinkies  bent with a curve ,  i got a permanent black finger nail . from mashing with a farmer friend dropped the lift  on disc  and mashed it almost flat . they had to cut finger open and leave it open  for a month  so the nerves and vessels would not pop and  feeling would come back . 

• Thanks 1

im serious it worries me there are so many stupid people in the world  ,  i mean  i sold the tractor  dude showed up with big goose neck trailer  big nuff for 2 tractors  4 chains and chain jacks   and knew his business  15 minutes   paid and gone 

most showed up  with a tiny trailer  car pulling trailer  ,  no tie down chains,  and i had 20  texts a day  asking this and that and i want it ,  it really worries me there are people that stupid  and 0 common sense  ,its like trying to catch a salt water croc   with twizzlers   .   no lie some showed up like this . and i had a 3 page bill of sale , im not responsible for injuries   and or  neglect or not knowing use of tractor once sale is made there in its the sole party for purchase of tractor .  notarized lol  

2017-01-17_bus_27733573_I1.JPG

Edited by ASH