best music without words , tv shows etc , or any

ASH

Two of my favorite television show themes.

Young'uns will not know of them, but back in the olden days, TV themes were great.

Yes, this one is over-orchestrated compared to today's examples, but many TV themes were composed by award-winning movie composers.

This one is representative of what can only be called the 70s sound.  Most TV themes of the time had the same cool jazz sound and feel.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tous said:

Being a musician and not a lyricist, gimme the notes, keep the words.

:biggrin:

I’m the other way sort of, given my name.  Some songs I can see them being written, like American Pie for example.  I just can see some of the alternate lyrics or can’t help but want to rewrite some of the songs at church when something is just a bit off to my poet’s senses.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

I’m the other way sort of, given my name.  Some songs I can see them being written, like American Pie for example.  I just can see some of the alternate lyrics or can’t help but want to rewrite some of the songs at church when something is just a bit off to my poet’s senses.

That is the wonderful thing about music.

One finds whatever it is that makes it a pleasure and enjoys that portion.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mr. Black said:

Metallica Orion.   

That is what I was going post. There is just nothing like it.  It truly is part of the moment when Metallica was the best band in the world....and Cliff Burton was the monster force behind that moment. 

This video with the song is stunning.  Listen to it on a good system and just melt into the universe.  Starting at about 3:55 it becomes unreal. 

This is just Cliff and his groove.  So ******* fantastic!

• Like 2

• Administrators

Two other amazing instrumentals that are brilliant: (and can only truly be appreciated on a quality system)

Tomoyasu Hotei, "Battle Without Honor or Humanity"

Daft Punk, "Da Funk"