Peanuts...

deputy tom

Our neighbors were on vacation and we took in their mail and looked after the plants,etc. As a thank you gift we received a bottle of wine and a jar of peanuts. The wine is from a local to that area winery and the peanuts are special. They have sea salt and black pepper on them. What a tasty combo. Bertie County peanuts. Try them if you get the chance. They are available on-line. tom. :eat:

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, deputy tom said:

It's my favorite spice. Second is ground black pepper. Third is hot sauce. tom. :eat:

I think that my favorite spice flavor is freshly smoked and ground Chipotle, followed by freshly ground Ancho chile. Ancho chiles are made by slow-smoking over-ripe Pablano peppers, as Chipotle comes from Jalapeño peppers prepared the same way. The over-ripening makes them sweet and I love the smoke flavor.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 4:32 PM, Eric said:

I love fresh-cracked black pepper. It is a whole different animal than the stuff you find in shaker cans and pepper shakers.

One lasts about 2 months. 

:couch:

Edited by crockett
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, XSIV4S said:

I recently opened a bag of Lay's Kettle cooked Sea salt and black pepper potato chips to have a couple. It was amazing how quickly that bag was emptied.

It was one of those 16 oz single serving bags, huh?  ;)

-Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's the pepper mill pictured. America's Test Kitchen pick.  You will love it and it will allow you to buy the larger sized pepper corns.

https://www.amazon.com/COLE-MASON-Derwent-Pepper-Grinder/dp/B003OICYZO/ref=sr_1_17?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1531268937&sr=1-17&keywords=pepper+mill

186CF7AE-5ED7-4AF0-8462-31B196854F47.jpeg

Edited by Zonny
Added the link

• Administrators
Just now, Zonny said:

Where do you buy that?

I’ve bought it at higher end cooking stores, but I usually just buy it off their site. They have a lot of other great stuff as well. 

• Like 1