What’s with the obviously stupid statements?

Gun Shark

Does President Trump really believe he’s smarter than Putin on a geopolitical and psychological ops scale? I mean seriously, he’s been preparing his whole life for a meeting with Putin... and it will be easy...come the **** on. Putin has probably forgotten more about geopolitics and how to figure out what makes someone "tick", than Trump will ever know. 

I voted for Trump, I am happy with the SCOTUS picks, and will likely vote for him again... but I wish he would just stop saying crap like that and insulting everyone’s intelligence. 

I had to look up geopolitical, but I think the old Trumpster has a few tricks of his own up his sleeve. He is an international businessman and he has had some success at it if I recall correctly. Putin has been successful negotiating through threats of military action or other thuggery, tactics that have not so far intimidated Trump. Trump has also been successful with making idiotic, brash, and boorish public statements in the past...it hasn't seemed to hurt him that much.

I used to roll my eyes on the stuff he tweeted or said, now I realize it's all part of his chess game. As in he is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. You can disagree but so far all he is doing is winning.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mlk18 said:

I used to roll my eyes on the stuff he tweeted or said, now I realize it's all part of his chess game. As in he is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. You can disagree but so far all he is doing is winning.

And those that believe that President Trump is really play checkers are themselves playing tic tac toe.

• Like 2

Trump is not a polished politician, who can say a lot of words without saying anything.  In fact, he's not a politician at all.  With Obama, he just acted like he was smarter than everyone else in the room, and the media merely reinforced his delusion.  Trump is attacked no matter what he says, or how he says it.

Take the whole NATO thing going on now.  Trump is supposedly a puppet of Vladimir Putin.  Yet, Trump is calling for NATO to spend MORE money on defense.  In fact, Trump is publicly calling out most of NATO for not spending enough, which is exactly what Putin wants.  Wait, no, it's what Putin doesn't want, which proves Trump is Putin's puppet.  Or something.

Trump is doing something that President Obama did, in a very polished way.  Smooth Obama called on NATO members to spend more on defense.  They all ooooed and aaaaahed, smiled and nodded,, then did nothing.  The businessman in Trump doesn't have a "waste time with mindless platitudes without accomplishing anything" mode.  When it's time to work, Trump gets down to work.  In your face.  I think Trump doesn't sound like the most intelligent man around.  I think Bush didn't, either.  Both were far more intelligent than Obama, but didn't speak as well.