Chili’s Grill & Bar Data Compromise

Eric

2 minutes ago, GSX42 said:

I always had a bad feeling about using those Kiosk so I would have someone run it through the register. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I'll keep a eye on my card activity.

So some employee takes your card out of your sight and skims it at their leisure...

One of the advantages of living in the sticks; less chance for data theft.

No Chilli's here for 70 miles.  We have an Applebees that is mediocre, a Shari's that is awful, and a smattering of the usual fast food places.  Being a college town, there are dozens of independent hipster-friendly eateries such as One World Cafe, Varsity Diner, Humble Burger, Nectar, Hunga Dunga, etc, etc, ad nauseum... 

I don't think my wife and I have eaten at a Chili's in about a decade (or longer).

The last time we ate there, three of us (wife and another friend) all ordered margaritas. We got something that tasted like diluted Gatorade, with absolutely no hint of tequila. We brought that up with the server, who brought the manager. The manager "explained" that they used an automated liquor dispenser which dispenses the right amount of alcohol into the drink, and there wasn't anything he could do about it.

I don't know if the calibration of the "dispenser" was off, or if that was just a bunch of horse-puckey. In any case, we committed to never going back to a place where robo-bartender couldn't make a drink right.