How did the snowflake stuff start?

Binge&Purge

43 minutes ago, Patrice said:

Offended patrons negatively impact the bottom line, especially those characterized as a snowflakes.  Offended patrons (at least those who are not paid to infiltrate), frequently don't come back.  Business-wise, it's a much safer play to rule/govern in such a way that the least possible # of folks get offended.  Economic reductionism is seldom a dog that won't hunt.

So, I'm guessing Economics professor?

I don't think Midway, Surefire or Lasermax think for a second that there customer demographic includes guys who where onesies in public. The type people who have advertised with Eric in the past don't count snowflakes in their customer base and the readers that bought lifetime memberships and supported raffles in the past probably wouldn't care for them much either. Anyone who finds this site too brash hopefully has a safe space they can go to.

I'm one of those types that believes in being the same person you are online as you are in real life.  I'm a nice guy and well liked in real life.  I treat others with respect and humility and hold my tongue out of respect and decorum.

Online forums are not a good place for me, LOL.  

I have a theory that since people are increasingly restrained by political correctness and liberal policy in real life, that they are unable to vent their frustration and feelings in a healthy way.  They are more and more constrained by government and societal constraints.  It all bottles up and they find out that the internet is a wonderful place to vent all that anger and frustration without any real consequences, for the most part.

They get online and suddenly the weak little convenience store clerk becomes an abrasive weight lifting alpha male who takes pleasure in belittling and bullying others.  They get popular among some and are allowed to populate certain forums.

And some people really are just jerks and bullies in real life and it comes out online intensified.

Some people are good at compartmentalizing reality from the online world.  They can easily brush off and ignore the internet sociopaths.  

I've tried the ignore function.  Sometimes a site just reaches an epic level of douchebaggery and it's time to limit your time there.  That has happened at two forums for me; GT and Christian Forums, ironically, LOL.

• Like 2