Gal Gadot dresses as Wonder Woman to surprise kids at children's hospital

TBO

DhmcE8qVAAAhUHD.jpg

Dhcg5RzWsAIfaWI.jpg

Gal Gadot donned her fake superhero outfit to do some real-world heroics over the weekend. The actress sported her costume from “Wonder Woman” to visit a children’s hospital.

The actress, 33, arrived to cheer up some of the kids being treated at Inova Children’s Hospital in Annadale, Va., according to Variety. The actress appeared in the 2016 hit “Wonder Woman” for the DC comics extended universe (DCEU). She will appear again in “Wonder Woman 1984.”

“Thank you @GalGadot for visiting us at @InovaHealth Children’s Hospital. You are a true Wonder Woman. The kids loved it...and so did the staff,” one doctor wrote.

The star can be seen in numerous photos from the occasion visiting children in the hospital sporting her costume. It’s unclear if she stayed in character for the kids, but the staff were clearly excited for the big event.

“Thank you SO MUCH for visiting my patients and colleagues at #InovaChildrensHospital! Next time, can you align your visit with my call schedule?” one staffer wrote on Twitter.

“Wonder Woman 1984” is set to hit theaters on Nov. 1, 2019.

• Like 4

It was a nice gesture, but with all the headlines, pictures, and her publicist in tow, it looks more like a publicity stunt than anything.  I doubt that matters to the kids, but still.

Giving is best done in private.  Maybe if her publicist had insisted on selfies only with the kids, and nobody post pictures online, it wouldn't come off as a publicity stunt. 

If that were George Clooney or Robert Deniro, would folks be as blind to it?

3 hours ago, Binge&Purge said:

It was a nice gesture, but with all the headlines, pictures, and her publicist in tow, it looks more like a publicity stunt than anything.  I doubt that matters to the kids, but still.

Giving is best done in private.  Maybe if her publicist had insisted on selfies only with the kids, and nobody post pictures online, it wouldn't come off as a publicity stunt. 

If Gal ever becomes a public douche bag, then I will judge her different as well. Until then thumbs up to her. 

• Like 3

The celebrities that do this are pretty damn cool. Although if i did it I would not allow cameras so people wouldn’t think I wa doing it for publicity. Not saying she was at all. Plus the doctors and nurses that help them kids got to be tough sobs. Seeing those little kids with those nasty damn diseases would be damn tough to deal with everyday. 

• Like 2

Not only was it a treat for the children, it is a treat for the staff.  These Dr's and nurses and other staff have a very stressful job dealing with these children day after day.  It take a special person to do work like this or hospice.

Edited by pipedreams

18 hours ago, Binge&Purge said:

It appears to me that Hospital staff, and probably patient's families as well, were happy to post pictures on their social media accounts. Do you believe they would have liked the visit better if they had been prevented from taking and posting pictures?