Lets do a thread about work boots.

Rabbi

i got some timba lands they aint bad i really like em. plus i look cool as a ************ when at the club with them unlaced and **** yo. but i do like em. had some sears brand knock off timbas that were comfy as hell but ruined with paint and ****. sears never had anymore of em.

I wear dress slacks or Dockers with a shirt and tie every damn day.  One minute I am in a meeting with executives and the next I am expected to be on a roof adjusting a camera or walking around the landscaping looking for evidence.

I wear Georgia Boots most of the time and they are super comfortable, look good shined up, and have held up well the past year...

96127_ts.jpg

• Like 1

https://smile.amazon.com/Timberland-PRO-Mens-90665-Brown/dp/B0091HKX7I/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1531137865&sr=8-12&keywords=timberland+pro+work+boots+composite+toe

These are the boots I have used for years. I usually get one new pair a year. The only issue I have had with them, is some of the eyelets have come loose. Other than that, comfortable boot and wears well.

• Like 1

most people do not wear the correct size shoes!

They do not know that the "fit" is from the heel to the ball of the foot.

So they look at the size on the measuring device.

The problem with that is--the arch length is very often "longer" than the foot length.

When you put an arch length of 12 in a shoe that is 11 the foot will

not be supported.

When you fit the arch and the ball of the foot at "the widest" part of the sole

you will probably need a narrower width.  Your foot has just as much room.

The problem is that a lot of shoes are not carried in any thing but d,s or e,' or eee,s

so they sell you a shoe that is too short and too wide.

You get a shoe that cramps the arch and does not support the whole foot.

Got these Sketchers currently and they are comfortable and fit well.  Don't know how well the soles will hold up since that seems to be the problem I have with modern works shoes.  Seems the soles tend to crack and come apart after awhile.

image.jpeg.ac2150c94e84a83670394d2ed8ec34c2.jpeg

Tony lama is what I've been wearing for the past 5 years. They've been great. I hear they don't do well if you work in the soybean industry though. I work in chemicals and haven't had any issues with them. Have worn several pairs of Carolinas, then some doubleH, also redwings. The tony lamas have lasted well, and are lighter and more comfortable than the others, but to each his own.

oboz   .   i used to like danner til  the  last 2 i got didnt hold up a frigging year .  never buy another pos danner boot . i like my chippewa  boots,  boots  i will always buy is Nicks custom . 

I have always had terrible feet and had real trouble finding boots that would not destroy my dogs by the end of a day. I tried most of the top brands, and the only ones that have ever worked for me have been Wolverines.

Now that I have retired from equipment maintenance I wear tennis shoes most of the time, but still keep a pair of Wolverines around for working around the property.

On the subject of work boots, our safety manager asked me one time if those were steel toe boots as required by the company. I told him that I would answer that when he explained to my why my toes were more important than the rest of my foot. I still can't believe that he only shook his head and dropped the subject.

36 minutes ago, TBO said:

Danner have held up well. I like lighter weight boots, but have found the full leather ones hold up better over time. 

When I'm not wearing shorts/tennis shoes, I wear Acadias:

Danner-Mens-Acadia-8-Uniform-Boot.09.jpg

I've had the same pair for about 6 or 7 years now.

• Like 2

At work, I wear Bates 8in tactical's... I like them a lot.  I've worn them for years.

For real "work" (ie, cold, wet, dirt, etc).  I've always had a preference for Timberland.  I don't need them near as often as I used to... where they used to last me about 18-24mo.. now they will last me 3-4yrs.  Right now I've got Timberland Pro's.. insulated/waterproof and composite toe.  Really like them other than the price, but they are worth it.

I have an awful time with neuropathy in my feet, and I’m allowed to wear Brooks Beast tennis shoes most of the time.

But when I have to wear a workboot anymore, I lace up my 6” wedge sole Thoroughgoods.  I used to be a Red Wing guy, but these Throroughgoods feel like they’ve been broken in right out of the box.

Dunham Exeters. These aren't work "boots," but they're the equivalent for me. They're waterproof, are very tough, and good for lots of standing and walking. I've worn them on construction sites and in the office and everywhere in between. They just get better with age, also. 

yhst-11400100427085_2528_584538672.gif.75a32283065f2f6dfe84c71454b17b4d.gif

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brad said:

Dunham Exeters. These aren't work "boots," but they're the equivalent for me. They're waterproof, are very tough, and good for lots of standing and walking. I've worn them on construction sites and in the office and everywhere in between. They just get better with age, also. 

yhst-11400100427085_2528_584538672.gif.75a32283065f2f6dfe84c71454b17b4d.gif

Nice, yours look a bit more dressy. I have couple pair of Ecco Track II which look quite similar and they have lasted for years. I see the newer ones have changed a bit.  https://us.shop.ecco.com/track-ii-low-001944.html?dwvar_001944_color=00741

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1