The ORIGINAL Ruger LC9 hammer fired pistol

nitesite

I had one - got it shortly after they came out. Long DA trigger pull but very accurate. The pull is quickly learned. Used the gun to teach a lady to shoot and discovered she is a natural shot, very quick learner and wanted to buy the DA LC9 so she is now the owner. She still comes out to my range to shoot and still likes the gun to the point she wants to purchase another. 

I like the LC9 series but worry about rust on a blued CC gun in Florida. The lady normally carries it in a belly band and it has held up fine so far but she is also very good about wiping down her gun after carrying. She is still undecided about her second LC9 being a striker or the original DA hammer fire. She might be a bit quicker with follow up shots with the striker but she works her front sight well and is getting off accurate shots faster with each visit. Hope that helps. 

I bought the original LC9 because it was slim and easily concealable. The long trigger pull was not ideal but the gun performed without issue, however I traded it for another pistol. Later, when Ruger released the striker version LC9s the trigger action was transformed from tolerable to very satisfactory. I bought the PRO version and have been very happy with the pistol. With my large hand, a grip sleeve improves my grasp of the thin grip.

15631537043_006cb0820d_b.jpg

Edited by willieH
  • Like 1

I also had one, two actually. It was an okay gun that did what it was supposed to do. Dumped them quickly when I found out the LC9S was coming out. Now I have two of them. The LC9S is really just the same gun with a vastly better trigger.

I bought the LC9 when it first came out. The trigger pull was way to long if I was wearing gloves they would get caught between the trigger and guard and not fire.  I like to plink with a 642 smith and have no complaints with that trigger. I also had extraction problems. Sent it to Ruger and they worked on it. Same problem with extraction when it came back. Finley figured out it was a certain brand ammo. For a self defense gun I won't put up with finicky on ammo it went down the road and was replaced with a Shield.  

I bought the LC9 when it first came out.

Decent gun but poor trigger.

Then I bought the LC9s and sPro when they came out.  One of my favorite guns.

A couple weeks ago I gave the original LC9 to a neighbor/friend.

I would never buy another one as long as the "s" and "sPro" are available.