Since I turned off the CUSS FILTER this site is so much more fun!

nitesite

I don't cuss a lot. In real life or online. I save it for special occasions. I think it was a very good idea to allow each person to decide what they prefer. My guess is that a lot of folks feel less constrained by being able to type as they normally speak.

My filter is off BTW. My eyes can handle the actual words. Most of us could figure out what was there anyway. :biggrin:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeaDub said:

I don't cuss a lot. In real life or online. I save it for special occasions. I think it was a very good idea to allow each person to decide what they prefer. My guess is that a lot of folks feel less constrained by being able to type as they normally speak.

My filter is off BTW. My eyes can handle the actual words. Most of us could figure out what was there anyway. :biggrin:

I like the option.  Those that like to cuss don't have to worry about getting their hand slapped if they slip and those that don't want to see it don't have to.  Win/win.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crockett said:

And I'll be your number one host. It comes naturally. I'm sorry.

I learned from an expert. My dad. USN, raised in a mining town.

I blurted something out one day in front of my mom that I shouldn’t have and she lost it. Bawling and wailing, “I’ve never heard such language in all my life” sort of thing. My best friend put his arm around her and said...Do you actually know your husband?

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I learned from an expert. My dad. USN, raised in a mining town.

I blurted something out one day in front of my mom that I shouldn’t have and she lost it. Bawling and wailing, “I’ve never heard such language in all my life” sort of thing. My best friend put his arm around her and said...Do you actually know your husband?

I learned it from my uncle. He includes f and n bombs in basically every sentence. As a kid I thought he was cool. Until I leaned that they put him in jail on drug trafficking charges. He was facing some 100 years but got off by cooperating with prosecution IIRC. That was back in the 80s. When I get into a funk I do the same style cussing, but it's not serious, more like a homage to my idiot uncle.

cussing is a plus on this site cause i cuss like ten drunkin fuckin indians. in construction cussin just comes natural. some of the **** i hear is ****** crazy. this one electrician called everybody and everything a cocksucker. i laughed my ass off at that dude constantly. he called some  foreman a cocksucker one day and that dude freaked told him was gonna kick his ass and all that ****. he asked for a rootbeer at the wendys one day and the employee asked what and he yelled through the speaker i want a fuckin rootbeer are you deaf. i told him i dont want **** and you better not eat your food ******** there will be spit or from unda cheese on your ****

9 hours ago, nitesite said:

Eric very casually mentioned in another thread that in our Account Settings we can turn off the Profanity Filter.

I did, and it is wonderful.  I no longer have to see asterisks!!!!!

Thanks for the tip!

6 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Semper ******* Fi. 

And thanks for being my first confirmation that the setting actually works. :)