wanna buy elvis's jet ?

ASH

5 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

The only way that heap is parting rubber from the ground is with the assistance of a tornado.

maybe  a pork chop express?    or few million of these ???

th (10).jpg

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

The only way that heap is parting rubber from the ground is with the assistance of a tornado.

This sexy lady spent five or six decades forty feet or so beneath the surface of a glacier, being crushed by its weight. When she was rescued, a hot water jet was used to melt a hole down to her and she was cut into something like eight pieces. Then each piece was hoisted to the surface. Look at her now.

That jet looks terrible, but if the airframe is in decent shape, there is no reason why she can’t be restored and made airworthy once more.  This old girl was in far worse shape, but she is flying again.

GlacierGirl1.thumb.png.8950095a03091e53ac09a4af597de69b.pngGlacierGirl2.thumb.png.79dcbe0856ea0517e7f120aa0602f87b.png

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Eric said:

This sexy lady spent five or six decades forty feet or so beneath the surface of a glacier, being crushed by its weight. When she was rescued, a hot water jet was used to melt a hole down to her and she was cut into something like eight pieces. Then each piece was hoisted to the surface. Look at her now.

That jet looks terrible, but if the airframe is in decent shape, there is no reason why she can’t be restored and made airworthy once more.  This old girl was in far worse shape, but she is flying again.

GlacierGirl1.thumb.png.8950095a03091e53ac09a4af597de69b.pngGlacierGirl2.thumb.png.79dcbe0856ea0517e7f120aa0602f87b.png

But, Glacier Girl is a fork-tailed devil!  She bleeds coolness.  B|

True, with enough money, anything can fly.  But, in this case, why?  For just the panel/avionics and stage 3 compliant power delivered to the bird, you're probably looking at close to 8 figures.  

There are some nice NIB jets in that price range.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

True, with enough money, anything can fly.  But, in this case, why?  For just the panel/avionics and stage 3 compliant power delivered to the bird, you're probably looking at close to 8 figures.  

Some guy in the Pacific Rim somewhere just paid north of $100k for a pair of 1800s vintage Levis. There are plenty of folks out there with more dollars than sense.

Someone should post a pic of Elvis's jet. I am not going to click any CNN link and provide them with add revenue. Plus I am at work, I would rather be caught looking at chunky nude woman than CNN. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, mlk18 said:

Someone should post a pic of Elvis's jet. I am not going to click any CNN link and provide them with add revenue. Plus I am at work, I would rather be caught looking at chunky nude woman than CNN. 

You could have just Googled 'Elvis's Jet'.:biggrin:

180621111634-elvis-1-full-169.thumb.jpg.f1276fba6992dcb7bfa65e712c980582.jpg

• Thanks 1

Seems like that would be a great project for restoration. I've seen far worse completely restored. I would imagine that "Elvis's Jet" would be a huge tourist attraction and if marketed the right way, it could become profitable. 

5 hours ago, Binge&Purge said:

I don't get the point of letting it sit there that long.

If you own an aircraft, you either make money by flying it or lose money by flying it, no?

You lose less money by parking it.

id like to have it in the woods behind  our house  ,   make a kinda clearing , and tell people elvis landed here once  and gave plane to me and charge like 10 bucks a pop to see it . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Why?

Because Elvis' jet, that's why.