States with the most gun violence

XSIV4S

I would think Illinois would be among the worst states for gun violence but that is because Chicago is allowed to exist under a state of total anarchy, much worse than under past city political administrations. That city has more gun violence on a weekend than the rest of the country combined. 

1 minute ago, Citra47 said:

I would think Illinois would be among the worst states for gun violence but that is because Chicago is allowed to exist under a state of total anarchy, much worse than under past city political administrations. That city has more gun violence on a weekend than the rest of the country combined. 

You would be right. Data can be twisted to say anything you want and you have to look to federal data from 2010 to find actual murder rates with guns (Most current data includes accidents and suicides in the data which really changes the numbers). Several States with the lowest legal gun ownership California 43 of 51 (Stats. include DC), New York 49 of 51, Illinois 38 of 51, District of Columbia 39 of 51 and Delaware 51 of 51. Delaware has a significantly higher number of gun murders than any other state yet the lowest legal gun owner. California has a low legal gun ownership yet the highest by far gun murder rate (Based on 2010) and a high murder rate based on their population.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crockett said:

I hate AD invested image slides, let alone liberal CBS.

Image1.png.9e06ff245e1971ffbaf21702e08ee12b.png

The numbers are off by a little, but it is still funny. The Dark and light blues show the lowest legal gun ownership and yet have some of the highest crime rates.

• Like 1

This is where I chime in and point out that there has NEVER been even a remotely accurate study on gun ownership in the USA. These studies, stats, maps, etc. are all very rough guesstimates based on the willingness of gun owners, many of who are deeply conservative, in telling a strangers on the phone or in person how many guns they own (mixed in with sales numbers or NICS checks). I know so many people who refuse to take any kind of poll, and when they do refuse to provide honest answers. Which is not only smart IMO but prudent in today's world. I think if a researcher could ever actually get honest and valid numbers it would be shocking how many guns are out there and where they are.

But I have no doubt that places with the most gun control have the most gun violence. That's just common sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duramaxsky said:

A survey is going to show low numbers. If someone called me and asked if I had guns I would say no. Infact I did. What if they were not a eal survey company and had other motives.

Yup, that's why I went back 8 years to the Feds numbers, while they are probably still off, it is probably the best of a bad lot.