The rescue has begun

Batesmotel

Four are out.  Thai SEALs are not doing the bulk of the work.  The British Cave Rescue Council is in charge of the rescue.  SEAL divers don't have the proper equipment or training for this sort of diving.  The likely reason the one SEAL perished is due to using open water equipment in an overhead environment and not using proper gas management.

• Like 4

A lot of brave people in those rescue divers. I hope they get them all out.  This will be a lesson in cave rescue in the future for all to learn.  I wish them well.

Dave..

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, DrB said:

The two British cave divers who went in and found them have more guts than most of us combined have, I think.  They started the rescue by finding them, first in..

Dave..

Probably last out, too. Lots of trained people over there, but from what's being covered those British cave divers seem to be the elite of the elite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrB said:

The two British cave divers who went in and found them have more guts than most of us combined have, I think.  They started the rescue by finding them, first in..

Dave..

It's pretty standard fare for sump diving.  One thing that's different is the flow.  Most sump diving doesn't involve significant flow where as magnitude one springs like we have here can put out 100 cuft of water a minute, you have to read the cave and the flow properly to dive it.  Most of the time it involves pulling yourself in.  The two Brits are the top of their game.  There are only a handful of people in the world qualified to make these sort of recoveries and this is even a one off for them.

• Like 1