kidney stones

ASH

round two started yesterday ,  and the second time for me , but at my age anf having gout  doc said it might get more  yeah. 

it hurts  but nothing like infected gout , infected gout had me literally crying few years ago ,  10 worse then just gout ,  it was in my elbow and they had to syringe it out , looked like 

glass of milk .  i cut not bend my arm for over  week.

• Like 1

I had surgery to remove a handful in my R kidney in 2015- one was 11mm. Had passed one prior to having the surgery and was so painful that it made me sick, literally. From now on I see my urologist every year. 

I feel for you. Had them. First time I was on bathroom floor puking and in pain. Trip to ER , they put a stint in. Couple weeks later, doc took it out. Was back at ER that evening with bilateral stones.  They noted high calcuim. Few months later, they removed bad parathyriod gland.

Had some a few years ago. Went to bathroom at work and I passed one. Hurt like hell!! When I walked out of bathroom they said I looked like I had just given birth. I told them I just did. Everyone had a good laugh, so did I but the pain was miserable. All I drink now is water and it seems to help.

I skimmed the above posts so if I missed this, sorry. My urologist also suggested lemon juice in your water. Not just if you start to get a stone but ALL THE TIME! I've almost forgotten what plain water tastes like but I've had good luck keeping bladder and kidney stones to a minimum. But ...... what about lithotrypsy? It is probably one of the easiest and most discomfort-free ways to get kidney stones out.

They put you to sleep and a machine gives off rapid pulses of (I think...) magnetic energy until the stone(s) are pulverized. I didn't feel a thing after waking up. Downside is just creepy. You piss blood for 1-2 weeks (!!!) but no pain, just freaky. The tiny, tiny fragments come out and I was asked to piss through a small filter to get these remnants and put in a container for the lab to analyze. Urine looking like you're giving blood or a transfusion is the creepy part but no pain in the entire process was a good thing.

• Like 1