Has anyone been to a old style burlesque show?

DrB

• Administrators

I have in New Orleans and Vegas. 

It is my belief that a lot of the women were men. It was not billed that way, it was billed as a real old time burlesque show.....but again, pretty sure several were dudes. 

It was valuable in the sense that I can say "Yes, I have been to a burlesque show."

I went to a strip club in the Tenderloin district in San Francisco back in the 70's once. Most memorable act was the belly dancer. She didn't get naked like the other girls, but man what muscle control.

Yes.

There existed the Grand Burlesque in downtown St. Louis, featuring Evelyn West and her Treasure Chest.

Some lads and I may have attended a show or two.  :whistling:

NB it really didn't come close to what the adolescent mind imagined.  :biggrin:

Yes, maybe 25 years ago in Lake Tahoe. Unfortunately it was headlined by Tempest Storm. Who was an old time burlesque headliner. She was about 65. She was not bad for a 65 year old,  she wore a sheer body suit with lots of sequins. It would have been a much better show with a 25 year old star. However, the other women in the show were young and fit. I give her credit for giving it the old college try, much like the 70 year old rockers still touring today. It is just not the same.